360 - Painted Center Console? Factory? | FerrariChat

360 Painted Center Console? Factory?

Discussion in '360/430' started by jlonmark, Oct 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I saw a 360 with a center console painted the same color as the car. And I must say it looked pretty good. Was this a factory option? Great contrast Or was it aftermarket? I'm not a huge fan of the silver look.

2. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Aftermarket

3. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    My Azzurro California 360 has a painted center console and door trim too. By all appearances, it looks to be factory.

4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Interesting! East Memphis is your face plate near the radio painted as well? I've seen a few online and trying to determine factory or not

5. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
  6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have seen several 360 spiders with this. You’d have to check the build sheet.

I’m not a fan (reminds me of overdone Porsche) but also not a fan of the aluminum look.

7. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm with East Memphis! Looks awesome! And a STICK! drool

8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Robb is being polite; this is not factory. Yes, they will do anything for enough money but the probability a bunch of people paid that much for a custom option it zero. Particularly when you consider the rest of each car isn't fully custom.

As for me, really not a fan of the look either.

9. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    >> Robb is being polite; this is not factory.

The dash, roll bar, and steering wheel are blue too. I suppose someone changed them as well. The leather is soft and still pliable.

Well, you can like it or not. I find it appealing regardless of its heritage.

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Not from the factory...Lots of people paint or powder coat them as the standard silver can get dingy and can get hard to clean.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I won't discount that yours may be given the blue leather. If someone paid that much they will customize a lot more than just paint the aluminium. For yours, check the build sheet; ask the dealer. My point is that there are a bunch of them out there and the odds of more than one, possibly two, being factory is zero.

No insult intended just not my cup of tea. Then again, I don't like black wheels and those are popular too so maybe it is just me ;) None the less, congrats on the car. They are a great ride.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  12. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    The dash, roll bar, and steering wheel are blue too. I suppose someone changed them as well. The leather is soft and still pliable.

Those were factory options. My 360 has them in Blu Scuro what would otherwise be black. It's on the Monroney Label.

13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The blue isn’t bad and I’m not knocking your car.

Red, and yellow painted interior parts are just too much for me. The Porsche speedster from 92-94 had this look. See below

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    There with ya, Skidkid. I like the aluminum look. Kind of a throwback to earlier days. Also with ya on the black wheels-- not for me. But also, like you, to each their own.
    I looked at the GT3s when they came out and many featured the paint to match interior bits as well as matching seat belts and it was a big turn off for me. Kind of breaks up the flow of the interior layout and adds unnecessary highlights to things that shouldn't or don't need to be highlighted. But that's just me. But with that said, contrast stitching and piping is a nice touch.

16. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    ...and really that's all that matters. ;)
    BTW I have a coupe in the same color combo. Crema interior with the blue dash, blue steering wheel, and dark blue piping on the seats. Is your piping blue? Can't really tell in the photo.

EastMemphis likes this.
  17. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes.

I also have something unusual behind the seats. Not sure what the purpose is or where it came from but it looks original as the rest of the car and matches perfectly. I believe it is part of an upgraded sound system. The radio isn't original in the car so it might have been done later. It's hard to imagine someone paying for this upgrade after market as it matches so perfectly with the rest of the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Hard to say for me since my car is a coupe the space behind the seats is completely different. Looks like a beautiful car, congrats. I know I always get compliments on my paint color.
    How many miles are on your car?

19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think it’s more high quality aftermarket work.

Previous owner just spent the money to get the car exactly the way he wanted.

It would be worth it to follow your ownership records back and contact the previous owners to inquire on its history and when certain things were completed. I’ve done that on all my cars and the history is always revealing and interesting.

Robb

20. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    >> How many miles are on your car?

17k going on 18k. I've put nearly 500 miles on the clock in the month I've owned it.

21. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I personally don't like the bare metal look unless you plan on going 88mph ;)

The painted accents are a nice touch .

22. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Wow that's great. I bought mine 2 years ago @ 21K miles, now @ 24.5K
    Loving every minute of it!

EastMemphis likes this.
  23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Interesting and definitely not stock. The work looks good and lends to the thought that the paint isn't OEM but very high quality aftermarket.