F8 - First New Ferrari Purchase | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 - First New Ferrari Purchase

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by OSUferrari, Oct 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not so different from what Patek is doing. Introduce a model but you can’t really get one till about 18 months after.

If Pista is a 18 month run and F8 is a 2 year run, and the 812 GTS is limited their strategy might work.

Time will tell.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Very unlikely on F8. I did get good discount on my new California T that I ordered and specced few years ago. All I did is ask and let them know my purchase history with Porsche. There is a caveat though - I live in LA where I have 4 dealers within 100 miles.

4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Not love.

Awww....

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Yup. I am finally seasoned enough not to trust any car salesman... only money talk, albeit sadly.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Better off negotiating down subsequent warranties and additional services after you've owned the new car for a while. MSRP is MSRP. But if you like "savings da money" then go used and "jump in it".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The issue for Ferrari dealers is that with the expanding of the range they get targets from Ferrari HQ for the product mix - I believe that includes selling more Portofino and Lusso that the market demands, as well as attracting new customers.
    Fulfilling these targets is a way to get more cars in high demand (e.g. special series).
    These new games imposed by Ferrari HQ push Ferrari dealers into more regular car dealers behaviours, although still to a relatively low extent.

8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Patek is doing it and so is Richard Mille who took a page from Ferrari’s book. In order to buy a model you have to pay the full MSRP in cash up front. They will then order the watch and give you a rough estimate when it will arrive (again, after a full deposit is received). Once you buy one watch you are “eligible” to buy other models. (I am also a watch collector and just ordering my first Richard Mille. My wife thinks I am insane for playing the same games for a watch that I’ve done for a car).

Caeruleus11 and SoCal to az like this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    "Opulence I has it."

Love the tiny giraffe at the end of the commercial

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Lol. Your wife is the smart one! (But you are smarter marrying her! That's what I told my wife)

11. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I agree!!! After 30 years she still tolerates my craziness. She still shakes her head every time but still tolerates me. Lol.

12. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    Ferrari is one of the top brands overall and this is why they can do this. But things are slowly changing...yesterday I was at my dealer talking about the F8. The sales rep was happy to let me know about a big change in their policy...they’ll receive a demo car (next summer) so customers can try it before buying it. Really? I can try any Lambo or McLaren anytime at those dealers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm glad I was in early enough (5 years ago) into RM before the BS started. Even with a half dozen over the years purchased they still treat you like sheet...ask me how I know. Good luck and enjoy them--best watch I've owned.

14. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    They are telling me it will go into production in January and deliver by end of March.........but i get to drive one in 2 weeks (I guess they have one they are showing at all the US dealerships.........looking forward to seeing it!

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That’s inline with what I’ve been told, what’s your spec?

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Every dealer now has to have a demo.

17. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
  18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice, I’m doing a RC/Cuoio car

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Looks like no carbon inside ? More luxury with electric seats .If that be the case maybe consider having the steering wheel all leather. Same goes given you have the passenger display change the carbon strip to piano black or painted the same colour as the other metal parts ?

20. 06viper

06viper Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    NM-AZ
    Ferrari and all other exotic companies are living in LaLa land currently. I don't want to sound like CNN (Clinton News Network) too much, but unfortunately as the past has shown, the economy can only keep going up for so long. Im all for stock market being high, people buying things, and people making lots of money. But a recession is coming unfortunately, and most likely sooner than later. And a good way to indicate this is luxury housing and car purchases. Look at how many exotics are on the market right now. Prices are falling pretty significantly for every exotic brand because people aren't buying them plain and simple. I saw a statistic recently that at the latest Mecum auction, prices were down 35%. If I had to make a prediction, a year or two from now, Ferrari will be giving pretty significant discounts on brand new vehicles because Ferrari will have to wake up from their dream they've been in for a while now, and realize that 1. The economy will not be good, 2. There are other exotic companies that are making better and faster cars for cheaper (AKA Mclaren 720), and 3. The market will be crowded with more exotics than ever before in history. The good news out of all of this is, there will be great cars for sale for awesome discounts. This period in time feels similar to the 70s "horsepower wars" between the big three American car companies. You have Ferrari, Lambo, and Mclaren all battling back and forth making awesome cars. Each company is trying to out perform the other and it seems to change a couple times a year. So to sum up my paragraph, my prediction is Ferrari will not be selling new cars at MSRP in a year or two from now because of the upcoming recession, there is a old fashion "horsepower war" between the big three exotic companies, and there is going to be amazingly great deals on exotics in the near future.

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    not gonna happen. Ferrari will remain MSRP.

MANDALAY, Dicecal and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Agree with most that you wrote , recession 100%. But Ferrari will never be less than MSRP. Dealers might have a few cars when the new model is release ( as they do because they have to have something to sell waiting for the new model ) and they might have a few extras that are not charged.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Actually I specced and ordered my 2017 California T HS and paid 10k off MSRP. So the dealers are only required to not sell above MSRP, but okay to sell below, like the rest of the car dealership. The manufacturer never forbid the dealer from selling below msrp. That was in 2016 or 17 without recession.

The dealership has to survive in hard economy. The cars are their liability and also ways to make profit. Two dollars made less is still one dollar made. So never to say never. Newport back then had many people bailed out on the ordered 16M. The dealer got stuck with many new 16M. What do you think happened to these car selling price during that awful economy time?

So I will be open minded about what Ferrari and dealerships do when another recession hits.

24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The offset would be that you receive much lower for your trade in. Great for first time buyers though

25. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    That’s not true....

What about the free hats and key chains in the goodie bag at delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk