Eastwood donates Mercedes | FerrariChat

Eastwood donates Mercedes

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by sowest, Apr 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Our newspaper had an article yesterday saying that Clint Eastwood has donated a 1971 Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3 to Hawaii Public Radio. The car is on Maui where Mr. Eastwood has a home. The radio station is doing its on air pledge drive right now and the car will be put up for auction when the pledge drive is completed. The article did not mention an auction venue, but a friend that has a connection to the station told me that it will be e-Bay.

2. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Awesome! I wonder who serviced it- maybe Mark Pass on the Big Island is probably the only person on the islands qualified to work on it. More importantly where does one take a car like this to blow the carbon out of the engine

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm guessing the car went to Mercedes Benz Maui for servicing. Late night romps are great for blowing out the carbon.

4. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Did this car ever get sent to auction?

5. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Oh yes, EXTREMELY complicated vehicle. In a State with only 1.5 million people, he's definitely the only one qualified. And perhaps someday in the future, Maui will get paved roads.