Who painted fender shield stickers in Seattle area? | FerrariChat

Who painted fender shield stickers in Seattle area?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by F129b, Oct 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My father had these stickers(?) with painted(?) borders put on his 328 around 10 years ago. I want them removed, but need to know what was used originally. Does anyone know who likely did this work up there in the PNW?
    Thanks,
    Rob Faber Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Are you sure they’re not painted by the factory? It’s an option when you order the car

3. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Lol
    Def not factory..these are stickers w painted borders.
    Fender shields were not an option on 328s.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Rob, I suspect a good body shop should be able to figure out how to remove them.
    BTW, so sorry for your loss. Your father Byron was a great guy and I was honored to have known him. We had some great drives over the years with the Ferrari Club and he invited me to several Navy League tours. He was always a very positive and happy guy. I truly miss him.

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Those are definitely stickers. Any decent body shop should be able to remove them and wet sand the areas.

Rob- My sincere condolences to you and your family. Sue and I did a lot of Ferrari club events over the years with your father Byron Faber and he was loved by all. Here are a couple of photos of him on the Olympic Peninsula weekend event in 2003. Really great times.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

BigTex and f355spider like this.
  6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Wow and that's George in the front of your second pic too isn't it Gary? I'll also say your Dad was a great guy! Sorry for your loss, I was very sad to hear of his passing. I actually drove his car a couple times, I honestly don't remember the stickers. The stickers themselves should be easy enough to get off with a heat gun and a little goo-be-gone or solvent. Not sure about the painted stripe though. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of the car as I know your Dad did.

f355spider likes this.
  7. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thank you all for the responses & good memories of Byron. He was the best guy ever. I will see if I can get an opinion from a higher end shop down here in SoCal...hopefully it can be done.

8. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Hey, I remember Byron. Just saw this picture and put two and two together. If I remember correctly, he had an interest in armor and antique weaponry. We had a discussion about it and I turned him onto the Higgins Armory in Worcester, Mass. He was going to be visiting Boston, I believe, so I thought he'd enjoy a trip to the armory.

There's a possibility that I'm completely wrong on this and it was someone else because this was quite a few years ago, so bear with me...

9. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    No that was Byron. We own a piece from the 16th century who was named Sir Thomas. He is now called Lord Byron. Image Unavailable, Please Login