What's with Tesla drivers? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

What's with Tesla drivers?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JimEakin, Sep 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Yeah, a Tesla electric pickup truck is indeed handy... When you adventure yourself in the wilderness in rural american states, and battery runs out in the middle of your journey, what will you going to do? Plug it to a tree? o_O

Kind regards,

Nuno.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It will happen, and drag racing will be a different paradigm from then on.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Tesla pickup will be just like all American trucks, and trucks made in America (Tundra) that tool around town never going offroad. I know this is the case because I live in a city in Texas and unlike most of my neighbors and all the trucks on the road I use my truck offroad and for farm chores.

Hypothetically though, the 5% of trucks that do go offroad are used with access to electricity. Here is my hay barn with 110, 220, and solar all 15 miles from the nearest town.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

VPX, BOKE and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  4. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    The Tesla Roadster will probably start production in 2021, maybe very late 2020.

The Truck hasn't even been unveiled yet. That picture was just a concept by a fan, not even an official Tesla picture. Tesla so far has just show teaser pictures. Unveiling will probably be later this year with production starting in a few years.

5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I guess you’re right, Rob. Over here is no different: very few people ever take their pickups or SUVs offroad. Most people buy them because they like the design, sitting high through city traffic or just because they want to go shopping without having to care about sidewalks, potholes or speed bumps, never quite exploring the cars’ potential.

And congrats on that barn. That’s some serious and practical infrastructure! Great idea.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

VPX likes this.
  6. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    What's with Tesla drivers?

Very high smug emissions......

7. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Someone has been watching SouthPark.

8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I was going 80 mph on SH 82. A dark silver Tesla passed me on the right. Which is fine. I like having a rabbit to get to the cops before l do.

Some Teslas are good looking. This was clunky . No idea what model it was. Had four doors. Widows rolled up. It was sunny. 75F. Perfect 458 Spider weather with top down. Fall foliage at its peak. Great day.

9. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    GMC CHEVY FORD TOYOTA Have been and always will be the best trucks made in the world PERIOD, and with that being said , With the price of gas as insane as it is, if tesla could build a real truck that could be used the way a truck is suppose to be used and that could really compete for the business for those that are in the building and construction industries , I would consider it, the above rendition is a far cry from a real truck, its that simple, same as the statement that they are not art. Superbikes will always smoke road cars, they have and always will be a force to be reckoned with ..Ducati V4 Panigale, Kawasaki H2/3 Suzuki GSXR 1300, Kawasaki ZX14 R Ducati Monster 1200 R / S Yamaha R1 M, and the list goes on and on ,Yamaha V MAX Gen 2, if you ride, and if you have had the opportunity to ride these machines, you know what they are capable of.

Thank you

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think you would have a minority opinion, I think the current line up is pretty boring, they have a bunch of room for improvement and these designs are headed in the right direction.

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    They are pretty basic looking mate, ferrari and Lambo designs look way better. They’ve gone for futuristic, which is fine, but I don’t think they will appeal design-wise to car lovers, it’s the tech that will or won’t sell them I think.

13. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I disagree, the current Ferrari and Lambo direction seems to be to throw everything at it without a cohesive design. There are so many little flares and gills and such sprinkled over the car that it looks very busy and not particularly elegant. I much perfer the clean design that the Tesla roadster prototype has. (Note, again the Truck is a fan rendering and not from Tesla.)

Wikdstrate likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Each to his own bud. I love the LaFerrari, 458/488 evolution from car to car, and the 812 spider is a work of art.

stavura likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The Tesla's never try to race me when I am in my 720, I think they have seen the videos. :)

daytona355 likes this.