Challenge Stradale sticky buttons | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale sticky buttons

Discussion in '360/430' started by rzundel, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Dave is a friend of mine, but I love the free market and would 100% support anyone who is honest about there work and holds themselves and there product/service to the highest standards, especially when we are talking about Ferrari parts and not 5 cent toys from overseas.

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    That's actually excellent advice to everyone needing to have their buttons refinished. Call Dave.

Ray

285ferrari likes this.
  3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    #28 RayJohns, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019
    I don't need to explain anything to anyone... this video pretty much sums it all up:

4. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Mine are showing some issues but still not so bad to require refinish.

5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just so a potential customer doesn't feel a lack of choices based on the responses here. I've had 2 buttons and F1 paddles done by Robbie, and they all turned out perfectly. And I don't know him at all, except for our contact during my order. Just another data point.

Kevin

one4torque and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  6. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had mine done a few years ago at the dealer when it was in for service anyways.

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Hang in there Robbie!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

sparetireless likes this.
  8. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Dave truly is a perfectionist and these cars deserve nothing less. Not sure of the backstory on why he is banned from the forum but all I know with my personal discussions with Dave is that he truly does this out of passion.

9. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Seeing that I am the originator of this thread I will say this. There is nothing wrong with healthy competition. But quality doesn’t require defending ones position. What I know is that Dave spends his time educating the buyer on his process. No disrespect but I’m not seeing that here SNM. I’m also not seeing anyone come to your defense that also speaks volumes. If you truly believe SNM can deliver a superior product then do it. Customer response will be your best critic. From what I hear you do have a faster turn around time and for some that works. For others looking for quality it appears that StickyRX gets that check mark.

10. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have no dog in this fight, only personal experience. MANY around here have used Robbie and are thrilled with his service as well. I don't know either owner, but I wouldn't hesitate to use either.

Just because others haven't found this thread or choose not to participate in this overcovered topic does not make your contention accurate.

Kevin

LorenzoR and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  11. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    F
    Fair point. This was not meant to be a sticky thread debate. It was meant to ask how many other CS owners are now experiencing the sticky issue?

kes7u likes this.
  12. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Robbie ALL day.

Nothing says stereotypical Ferrari owner than a guy that will pay THOUSANDS more $$$$$ to get work done to cover some guys HUGE over head.

I would say to your original question, where are you storing the vehicle?? Do you use a windshield heat protector when parked outside?? So many factors can contribute to accelerated sticky parts.

one4torque and kes7u like this.
  13. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Well it’s good to see Robbie getting some support. I didn’t want this to be about who’s better. I’m sure there are many other threads on this. I store my CS in a climate controlled garage and it never sits in the sun. I have to figure that the mean time to failure is pretty close on the material breakdown but I’m sure environment has impact on this. I am asking CS owner specifically because our cars were all manufactured within a year of one another. Just curious to hear the range of when the breakdown started with CS owners as well as hear from those who haven’t seen any material breakdown on their CS.

E60 M5 likes this.
  14. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    No educated justification other than cost? Hilarious. You are talking to a crowd of Ferrari owners, Most want the best money can buy so they bought a Ferrari. Someone who was value conscience in lieu of quality and craftsmanship drive a Fiero.

E60 M5 likes this.
  15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    "A fool is soon parted with his money." Well then, I can fix them for $1ok! Send them on down.
    As far as justification, Robbie does the work for every Ferrari dealer, guess there must be some pretty good quality there.

Soooo, after that brief interruption, lets keep the comments on target for the OP. No more baiting on either side.

kes7u, one4torque and LorenzoR like this.
  16. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    "Robbie does the work for every Ferrari dealer" Is simply a false statement and shows naivety among other things, but I understand that you are forced to take a undefendable position to stand behind a paid sponsor of the site. I think that even with the removal of the Youtube video in the post above by another user showing the decals and failing clear coat, that there's still enough here to fairly educate the consumer. I do agree that this has become off target and should cease or be continued more appropriately in Rossa or P.M.

RayJohns likes this.
  17. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    why was the guy banned, it seemed to me that he was really into doing it right?

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    ********. Mods don't favor sponsor over users or vice versa. None of us gets paid or sees any sponsor income. If a sponsor does shoddy work, users are free to post about it; just as users can post about good experiences. Being a moderator doesn't mean he can't hold an opinion and express it; though he might recuse himself if he was getting into a dispute with someone about the topic, as distinct from someone's posting behavior.

19. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    ..........................though he might recuse himself.........................

I bought from SNM, aka Sticky No More, based on them being a sponsor on this website,

I was super super super disappointed, as they did not meet my standards,

I received parts that had stickers on them, not what was represented on their website photos.

and some of the parts were blemished on return to me. when i asked for a refund I felt belittled and ridiculed and was never refunded.

and now to see that a moderator on this site is singing their praises, make me cry.

how about posting the names of the 65 dealers, and I will call them, ask them for an opnion/reference and I will report the results on this site, with no bias,

my guess, crickets........

this site needs to listen to its members and not blow them off, at least some of the mods clearly favor certain sponsors

very disappointing to me

either be a real moderator or resign, and don't waive "I don't get paid flag" over us like you're a martyr

20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Even though you provided a malformed quote of me, I'm going to assume that you're talking to me.

I have never used SNM, I neither like them or don't like them. Your post above against SNM is fine, the attack on the mods, not so much. Explaining that mods don't get paid isn't "martyrism", it's simply disclosing that we have no economic incentive to favor a sponsor and in response to the slur made by the other poster when he assumed there must be some economic linkage. There have a number of sponsors that have been thrown off the board, with the loss of sponsor income, one of them being Dave Rocks mentioned above. So explain why we would favor SNM over Dave Rocks if they were both sponsors, or maybe sponsorship doesn't go much further than having different ad rules than non-sponsors and that your behavior is what gets you banned or moderated.

Given that you finally posted your negative experience with SNM, as I encouraged you to do, it doesn't seem we favor SNM any more than Dave Rocks. Beyond that, in what way are you suggesting that I'm not being a "real moderator"?

21. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    #46 sparetireless, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Robbie ALL day...........................

by E60 M5 is what I am referring to.

E60 M5 is shown as a moderator, if I am error I apologize and withdraw my comments,

otherwise it appears that defacto:

E60 M5 is Ferrari Chat.

am I wrong?

22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So you meant E60 M5?

He's posting as a user. Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you don't get to post, accept that he has preferences. Another mod might express preference for Dave Rocks. That's fine too. He's not moderating anyone because they disagree with him, so there's no issue.

23. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    #48 sparetireless, Oct 10, 2019
    Sorry my mistake, when I saw MODERATOR next his/her name, I thought that meant he/she was a moderator not a user, but now it super clear that moderator can mean whatever...........

The issue at hand is SNM super super super disappointed me. And FerrariChat induced me to buy from them. Not Happy about that but that's my problem, not anyone else.

Caveat Emptor I guess, is an Italian expression that is relevant today more than ever..........

My fault, shame on me for even brining it up. My Bad

SNM ROCKS! E60 M5 Rocks!

24. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    WTF?

You had a bad experience with SNM. Okay, thank you for sharing that.

Other users on the site - some of which also do non-paid moderation to help the community - also have used a de-sticky company and have shared their pov.

I thought wee the community are okay with that...err, well, it seems most of us. Not you, because you impart some implied bias and power and influence to that user (who happens to do some moderation here too). You are likely not alone in placing that import on such a user's posts here, but I'd venture far, far from a majority do so. But then most of us aren't mindlessly following the official advertised word, or one users posted experience or opinion as gospel.

flat_plane_eddie and kes7u like this.
  25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #50 ylshih, Oct 10, 2019
    You are wrong.

TOS:

"FerrariChat.com does not control the content of any messages posted on FerrariChat.com Bulletin Board and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of anything on the FerrariChat.com Bulletin Board or any products or services that may appear here."

Being a sponsor on Ferrarichat means that they paid money to advertise. That's it. It doesn't imply any sort of vetting, endorsement of their product, or any prospective involvement in dispute resolution with a sponsor.

Similarly, being a moderator on Ferrarichat doesn't mean our posts have any special credence on general topics; that applies only when we're posting in an official capacity about inappropriate forum behavior.