Ferrari 360 Spider/360 Mileage sensitivity | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Spider/360 Mileage sensitivity

Discussion in '360/430' started by Targaflorio0199, Sep 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Targaflorio0199

Targaflorio0199 Karting

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Targa
    So bought my 360 Spider recently and absolutely loving it.

I'm in Australia where we get reamed on the new and used market more than most due to our fabulous luxury car/stamp duty taxes.

Question: What is the sweet spot mileage wise for these models in terms of when to sell and still get out with some retained value?

Take it that 30,000 miles/50,000 Kms + ....and you're already going to start losing tens of thousands for every 10k mileage you add to the clock?

Understand condition, detailed service history (clutch, belts etc), no accidents all play a part.

Can these cars be run 40k, 50k and 60k miles and still retain some value?

Plan on keeping mine for a long time.

Cheers all.

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #2 vrsurgeon, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Depends on condition and transmission and market. For the US market an f1 in average condition... I wouldn’t count on it. You make money when you buy. If you buy in a recession and sell in a boom then you make money. Buy now at top dollar, I wouldn’t count on it. They all will depreciate in my opinion. I suspect the asset bubble is over.

I bought my 360 euro manual with 50k miles in 2010 at the bottom of the market when nobody cared about 3-pedals. At 65k miles now I’m not sure it’s worth any more than I paid. If the markets go south with the economy... it only gets worse.

3. Targaflorio0199

Targaflorio0199 Karting

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Targa
    Fair enough. Makes sense.

Mine is an F1 transmission, Understand Manuals command a premium.

Tbh I'm happy to keep it for a few years and rack up 50k Miles / 70,000kms.

Just driving it makes me happy. And the club experience aspect is fantastic.

Red 27 likes this.
  4. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Please don't even THINK about the miles, just drive it and enjoy it, i've put 10k almost on mine in 10 months drive it every single day everywhere as a daily car, the more you drive it the better of a car it gets even mechanically IMO!

Red 27 and Targaflorio0199 like this.
  5. Targaflorio0199

Targaflorio0199 Karting

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Targa
    Respect your opinion Tarek.

You're right, better to enjoy it yourself, than save on miles and let someone else pick up a bargain at your expense lol

Tarek307 likes this.
  6. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Thanks for you input on daily driving. I've only had my car a few weeks now, but I haven't found a single reason this car couldn't be driven daily - even as a commuter car. My car is "high" mileage at 48k, but I got it at a discount to the market and I drive it whenever I want. IF I ever sell it, I don't care if it loses half it's value. If I enjoy it, it was worth it.

Targaflorio0199 likes this.
  7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

I just hit 50,000 miles today! LOVE IT..

G. Pepper and Targaflorio0199 like this.
  8. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    My lense is SMILEs, not MILEs.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  9. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Right behind you. I hit 49k this past weekend.

Tarek307 likes this.
  10. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't see much long-term value in these cars given that many of the younger generation are less interested in cars and more interested in climate change / green issues. Things have changed.

The value is in driving IMO.

sparetireless and kes7u like this.
  11. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    #11 Nachtfalter, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    This is 100% correct. Drive the wheels off of it. Enjoy it. The next generation (I’m not talking about far off future generations, literally the next generation) laughs at fossil burning engines and old rich men paying 70 million dollars for a 250 GTO. This probably ends with us.

kes7u likes this.
  12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I bought mine with 47k and now about 68k and I don't care about value. Our car will always suffer price wise because they made so many. I do not understand why Ferrari guys worry about miles .

G. Pepper, EastMemphis and kes7u like this.