For Sale - 1984 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet | FerrariChat

For Sale 1984 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet

Discussion in 'Cars' started by GLENN@TEAM AI, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    #1 GLENN@TEAM AI, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
    ZFFUC15A8E0050539 was purchased new from Roger Mauro Imports (now Ferrari of Denver) on 6/4/1984 and would remain in the Denver area with its original owner until 2017. Currently showing a documented 28,646 miles, it was always serviced by Ferrari of Denver. My client purchased the car from its original owner in 2017 and the car has been here in Charlotte, NC ever since. As one would expect of a long-term original owner, the car has been kept in immaculate shape with no rust or accident history. It is completely original, down to the TRX metric wheels. The paint is all original with exception of the headlight buckets and another dent repair on front passenger quarter panel (receipt included showing a repair cost of $594). Despite the age, the paint is still holding up beautifully, and as a National FCA concourse judge, I feel this car certainly has potential to be a platinum car with relatively minor detailing.

Mechanically, the last major service was completed at Ferrari of Denver in August of 2016. At that time a new convertible top and headliner were also installed, as well as a new coolant reservoir tank and windshield wiper motor. Prior to the most recent major, service records document frequent other major services and annual fluid changes, as well as the occasional miscellaneous repair that would pop up.

The car comes with its original keys and several extra “folding head” keys, the jack and tool kit, under dash plug-in light, car and tonneau cover, service records, and a complete set of books, including the original warranty card.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Beautiful! That first photo is one of the best I've ever seen of a Mondial - not one of the easiest Ferrari cars to photograph... in PERSON they're always awesome - but in photos, not as often... that first photo really nails it.

GLWS

Jedi

davemqv likes this.
  3. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Beautiful Mondial. Is that H1 in the background for sale as well?

4. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Owner is trying to sell about 15 cars to buy an F40, but he wants to keep the H1

5. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Of course he does. Appreciate it Glenn, and good luck with the sale!

6. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Realistically priced in today's market.

Question; Although one can appreciate original TRX metric wheels, it's hard to find replacement tyres for them.

When were they last replaced?

Joe

7. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Date code on tires are 188, so they are old and would need to be replaced. They are available from Coker Tire for $398 per tire.

jjmalez likes this.
  8. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    I just arrived in Scottsdale for the FCA national meet. If anyone is interested PM me or give me a call and we can meet in person and discuss the car.

9. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
  10. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Beauty!!!!

Exact year and spec of my first Mondial. Brings back a lot of memories. I love my coupe but nothing like racing up the coast highway at midnight with the top down.

I loved that car. Hope someone picks this up and enjoys it just as much as I did. Good luck with the sale.

11. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Car going on BAT. Will restore once that has ended.

Robb

jjmalez likes this.