TR: Valved Capristo Exhaust | FerrariChat

TR: Valved Capristo Exhaust

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by xplodee, Sep 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hey All-

Anyone have a valved capristo exhaust system? I spoke with them and for our cars the remote kit is required, which isn't a bad thing because it’s programmable (startup quiet so as not to piss off the neighbors, then opens up after, or the opposite).

Apparently when valves are fully open its even louder than a Sound 3 system, same as a Sound 1, which means straight pipes. Awesome.

I’d love to know if anyone has one and what the sound is at full open- any F1ish resonance?

T

2. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    I have it and it works fine. Valves closed it is close to the standard sound, valves open it gives a nice sports car sound. Not as aggressive as a Fuchs system but enough to show that there is a big v12 working. Straight pipes are much louder but not better.

xplodee likes this.
  3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thats great. Is the remote a wireless one that you just keep in the center console somewhere?

What mode do you find yourself driving around in? Valves full open during hard acceleration?

I’m considering the Capristo valved system plus a custom 4-into-2 collectors ahead of my cats, apparently this really helps for exotic sound. Would replace the stock “pre-cats”.

4. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    It’s a wireless control. Valves are opening depending on revs. This can be regulated on setup. And manually with the remote. I prefer it to other systems as I go for sound, not only for noise and I have the valves closed when it comes to bothering neighbors.

xplodee likes this.
  5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I so agree. Noise is not what it is about. Sound is what matters. Do you consider this capristo to have a good sound? The best sound?

I would be like you and drive much of the time with valves closed.

6. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    What kind of music do you like.
    Some like the screech of the F1 cars before the last changes.
    I love the sound of the old v12 engines.
    When I open the valves while idling it is adding the basses that makes you understand “here is a big v12 working”
    When accelerating it is getting progressively louder and at 5000 revs no one will question that this is a great concert.
    The Fuchs is much louder from the beginning and not really fun on longer distances. And Capristo is the only one with valves.
    I have Tubi Style silencers at the end of my 456 exhaust an here too this is adding the basses to the music. They have a louder version but that’s not mine.

xplodee likes this.
  7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I do love the more modern Ferrari v12 sound, but recognize the TR is not that modern, so I'd be happy with any exhaust note that sounds engineered and not just open. I appreciate the higher pitch noises coming from a 12 cylinder and am not a fan of bass or drone on highway trips, thus my interest in the valved system.

Does the Capristo accentuate any of the higher pitch noises as the revs climb? not necessarily an F1 scream, but a scream nonetheless?

8. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    No, not really strong

9. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    I think this is a good example

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the loudest has been at the beginning the music
    but at the end so above 4000 rpm it sounds great :)

Melvok likes this.
  11. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    F1= Kreissieg. it makes the sound insanely modern compared to stock. Even sounds like it revs faster. I know you didnt ask... but had to chime in bc pitch/f1 was mentioned. I could not ne happier with the sound this exhaust makes. (Video clip coming soon-ish)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. Lieven Engelbeen

Jun 12, 2018
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Silverballgames
    Hi, I have a 89 TR, Euro version, originally delivered to Denmark.
    I would love to buy and install the valved Capristo exhaust system ... but is it simply available in a version that replaces the existing factory exhaust I have now, without having to do any modifying or crreating/making connection parts ?
    I read threads where they say Capristo have only CAT versions for TR ... ??

13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    does your 89 euro has not cat?

14. Lieven Engelbeen

Jun 12, 2018
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Silverballgames
    I do not think it has the cats ... like most tr's in europe I presume ...
    Sorry for being such a noob ... but how can I get that visually confirmed that it has no cats ?

15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    have a look at the complete exhaust system, then you see if it has cats or not
    the first TR´s had no cats, but I think in germany they started with cats in 89? not sure. the german 87 and before did not had cats

16. Lieven Engelbeen

Jun 12, 2018
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Silverballgames
    It is confirmed... mine has no cats.
    Early 89 (feb) model.

So would it be possible to install the valved Capristo ?

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Remote is wireless there is wiring for the install though, but the remote ison your key chain

18. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    The Capristo is easy to install. No modifications required. It works with CAT as I have it in my ‘91 but it’s fine without. They were even surprised when I did not want to take the cats out.

19. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    I like the sound. The only thing that mine does not do is the music at the low revs. :)

20. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John

I’m very interested in getting a Kerissieg! However when I look into it they have so many different versions of sound level. They have sport, sport loud, f1, f1 loud, f1 really loud etc. I’m desperately trying to find out who has what and when you see the online videos no one reports what they have??
    Right now I have 89tr with fab speed test pipes. I would like to kreissieg from engine back all the way back.

An you confirm what you ordered?

21. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    I bought mine through a private party...and to my understanding, its the loudest,F1 option. Not sure if there is a part no or code stamped on it to confirm....? I did not do headers...yet. my valve system broke on the drive home (receiver fried) so i have valves mechanically pinned open. Its crazy loud. Once I can remotely close them, i might look for headers..
    Anyway... i still have yet to hear any other aftermarket TR exhausts in person, so i can't chime in about vs but i have zzzero hesitation about owning the Kreissieg.
    I keep saying im gonna make a sound video but the couple times ive tried, the sound just simply doesnt translate... but im not giving up.
    Even if its not totally accurate, ill post something this week

Natkingcolebasket69 and jpanz like this.
  22. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks I look forward to it! All the you tube videos are either euro cars or in a garage with some echo.

Check out #petvice on Instagram. Guy has a white testarossa with a kreissieg that spits fire lol. Sounds awesome! He never replied to my ? About which version he has.

WestCoasta likes this.
  23. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    I was told that mine is able to spit fire with the proper set up but have no idea what that means:) The car sounds incredible running through the rpms....but honestly, like the youtubers, i hunt for tunnels, large walls, ...anything that amplifies the sound- it goes from "niiiice!" ...to "HOLY F××K" with some reflection. Its intoxicating...

So hard to get a proper/accurate sound clip of exhaust. :/ Will try hard tho

jpanz and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    jpanz likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Pertfed is my friend ; he and west coasta have the same headers back Kreissieg exhaust.
    The modes u mention are all determined by how you install it. There are only 2 versions of the exhaust but when u install u can configure it so that it sounds f1 very loud, just very loud etc.. then with the remote u can switch modes.
    Exhaust ordered from kreissieg runs about 11k delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpanz likes this.