Enzo magazine | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    :eek:
    Good luck!

2. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Hopefully things work out soon for all subscribers.

Just got back from France where issue 5 of the French edition is readily available everywhere. Marcel, do you have any experiences with the French edition? Different publisher, some content the same but also articles especially for the French edition. It might be easier to subscribe to the French edition for you?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Odd that the current French edition is #5 when the current English edition is #9.......And that the French #5 has the cover of the English #8.

Weirder and weirder..........:rolleyes:o_O

4. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Not really... Enzo France is published under license by NG Presse, Lyon. They use articles 'what they want' and 'when they want'. Not uncommon the same article appears later in an French edition. Also the choice of pictures is different to the UK edition. So NOT 'one on one' the same.

Basically the same goes for sister magazine 'Octane' which is published in many different editions worldwide. Main stories are the same, choice of pictures vary and 'local' content and news added.

5. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, that’s very interesting. I did not know that. I purchased #1 in French at a tobacconist in Antibes and my recollection is that it was almost identical to the English version, but then, I suppose it would have been, as the first issue.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I NEVER EVER heard of a French Edition of Enzo.
    Amazing what I can learn here on fchat.
    And no, I will certainly not subscribe to any French automobile magazine as I have done in the past, simply because twice a French publisher went bankrupt and both still owe me money or magazines (lost forever, of course). One of these was "Automobiles Classiques" to which I had subscribed for decades. I never got my money back.
    Crooks, nothing else.

Marcel Massini

Dino2400 likes this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Automobile Classiques was one of my favorites. I always purchased it from a newsstand, and wondered why I wasn’t seeing it anymore.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thanks for the warning... In the past two magazines i used to buy vanished from the bookshops. First was 'Club Ferrari' by Fink Presse. More recently the magazine 'GT Italia' (with a lot of Ferrari content) which also seems to be discontinued... Luckily no subscriptions to both magazines. The French way??

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    doyler and jm2 like this.
  10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This thread is about Enzo magazine only! There is another thread on this forum for other magazines - please make posts about them there.

Rosey likes this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Enzo magazine above with the red Testarossa on the cover reminded me of another Testarossa. When that Ferrari was introduced the magazine Automobile Classiques featured an article illustrated with a silver Testarossa with a tan interior out in the countryside. It was a somewhat unusual but very elegant color combination back then.
    Especially with the standard red Testarossa featured in American magazines on comparatively cheap quality paper at that time.

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Issue 9 finally arrived yesterday. According to the franking on the opaque polypropylene (I think) wrapper it was sent from Detroit. There is no return address or sender identification but there are some bar codes which may contain this information.

Issue 197 of Octane arrived today, on time. It came, as usual, in a transparent plastic wrapper with a paper insert showing mailing information. Apparently Octane is sent from Jamaica, New York. The return address and identity of the sender are prominent.

While both magazines are from Dennis in the UK, and while both use the same subscription service in Virginia, it is apparent that the company is using two different distributors for subscribers in the US. It is obvious that distribution of Enzo is not as efficient as for Octane, but it is not possible to know if that is the fault of the American distributor, or if Dennis uses two different methods/companies to get the magazines from its printer to the US distributors, and the problem with delivery of Enzo might lie there.

13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The problem with delivery of ENZO magazine clearly lies in the UK, at their Dennis main office. If their HQ is not interested in distribution and in providing a proper service to their clients/customers/subscribers/whatever and simply doesn't care what else does it take? Is it really THAT difficult? These ***** will never wake up.

Marcel Massini

14. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Marcel, I would be very interested in any docs or info on my 1990 (Oct) Mondial T; ZFFFK33A3L0087084, Thanks. Randall

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I don't keep track and have no records of Mondials. Very sorry.

Marcel Massini

16. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Thanks anyway,

Randall

17. Thomas Quintin

Thomas Quintin Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Paris France
    Full Name:
    Thomas QUINTIN
  18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This is nuts.
    Impossible to understand this mess.

Marcel Massini

19. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Enzo issue number 9 just hit Australian newsagents today.

of2worlds and Dino2400 like this.
  20. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    looks like a good issue; but why on earth would you have different articles for your magazines in different countries and languages? Would you not just do one and translate it?

21. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    This is quite common nowadays; Classic & Sports Car, Octane, they are all doing it. The main articles are shared (sometimes one month later) and there is room for local events / news.

A348W and doyler like this.
  22. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    of2worlds likes this.
  23. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    of2worlds, Jack-the-lad and Rosey like this.
  24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes plus the non English versions pick up most of the big articles but not those on more obscure cars, I saw that with my own articles in Classic & Sportscar UK and in Octane UK and then in the selection done by the French, German and Dutch versions. My Thomas Crown 275 Nart spyder article was used by all I think, I saw it in the German edition recently, whereas the more obscure Fellini Fantuzzi may not have been used by all. Certainly an article on a Maserati QPII prototype barnfind was not picked up by the other language versions.

Funnily enough I subscribe to nothing but buy whatever interests me at the newstand. Well the English Enzo in Geneva (CH) where I buy my magazines is about 18CHF (same as US$) whereas the French version with the same articles is half the price...

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    As someone mentioned they are published by entirely separate publishers: they signed an agreement and then they do what they want within certain boundaries.

of2worlds likes this.