Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    2 different ones on track (different owners , different days ).

3 during monterey car week

1 on a drive with other exotic cars

2 of my neighbors driving around in the neighborhood

2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Come down to Tampa. I put 400 miles on mine in the first 2 months. I keep finding excuses to take it out for a quick drive!!
    I took it to the local cars & coffee last month and some guy was taking a ton of pictures of it and asking questions. At the end he told me he was going to write an article about it. Here is his article (that’s me in the back ground with grey t-shirt talking to someone in a purple shirt). https://www.macheene.com/store/singlereview/?id=360&rurl=https://www.macheene.com//store/reviewlist/5

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    FutureF, Andynyc, IloveGT and 12 others like this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146319958/

5. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    actually, it was in early June he sold it, remember, 6 month lock up, car went live after that (towards end of May)
    just the same, he was out driving it, so, comment was made none seen in the wild...it was in the wild some after Thanksgiving last year...

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    2 in the Houston roads, a red and a silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Nice...but no spider?

10. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Uk cancellations gathering pace, Brexit is causing a lot of pain for all brands and the used market. I know a few have cancelled (not Pista) due to too many other cars arriving at the same time unexpectedly. Ferrari depreciation terrible on almost anything right now if you need to sell nearly new. It has been a cycle that has been seen a few times , but now you have so many offers in the upper market segment , so many nearly new cars as manufacturers wrongly keep introducing new models, making newish cars obsolete for many buyers. Ferrari copying McLaren will prove fatal to dealer network and customer base IMHO. Neither can afford the losses . I hope Maranello is aware or it could get messy. Time to cut new car volumes in UK to stabilise market dealers full of 6 month old and new cars .

Good time to buy mind you , oh and keep your internal combustion engine car and enjoy it .

Gcsdave and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
    Uk cancellations maybe gathering pace but don’t the dealers have a long list of clients to call that would take the car?

12. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    I would say this is an outlier as nobody definitively knows what the post Brexit situation will look like.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Had 1000 miles on it when I sold it....so, yeah I used it. Amazing car.

I would have kept it, but we moved to Puerto Rico and the roads here are not car-friendly let alone Pista friendly.

14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    In theory till you ask them for actual hard cash

montpellier likes this.
  15. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I have never understood what McLaren's model plan is supposed to be and now I'm completely mystified by what Ferrari are up to. They have had a long-established set of models replaced over a relatively stable schedule and suddenly they seem to have gone completely bonkers with a load of models potentially competing with each other for the same customers and all at a time when the market (not just in the UK) is not good for a variety of reasons. It all looks like adding up to a terrible mistake to me. And that's even without their brilliant idea to build a truck.

JTSE30, tomc and dustman like this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Only time will tell how they will work that out, but apparently the overpriced Pista sold like hot cakes, so they're giving us a lesson so far...

Solid State likes this.
  17. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Damn, The front of that pista looks so aggressive, like it rips air like butter.:cool:

FordGTDriver likes this.
  18. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Time will tell but the Pista was an expected model. It is what the Speciale was to the 458 and the Scuderia to the 430 etc. I imagine most orders for it would have been placed before they suddenly announced the F8, the SF90, the Icona things, the 812 GTS and... have I missed any? It is hard to keep track. I don't even see why they unveiled the F8 so early since it seems like it was months ago and yet they don't seem to be in full production yet and presumably it doesn't make sense for the F8 to be since they are making 488s still. As I say, I am just confused by what they think they're doing and I definitely think they've chosen the wrong time to be doing it (whatever it actually is).

19. 500 ST

500 ST Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Inverness Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian Henderson
  20. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    They are definitely building F8s now

21. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I just hope they keep it up...

I find myself drooling over the F8 Spider in triple layer yellow... but I'm not paying $450k... but when it drops to $200 I'm in.

dustman likes this.
  22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  23. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I told ya to get the front skid plate, but you wouldn't listen! :)

Ray

24. Yes, two.

25. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Caeruleus11 likes this.