Silver Arrow Cars in Victoria | FerrariChat

Silver Arrow Cars in Victoria

Discussion in 'Canada' started by donv, Sep 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Is anyone familiar with Silver Arrow Cars in Victoria? I'm looking at a car they have online, and just wondering what their reputation is.

http://silverarrowcars.com

Thanks!

2. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Tim's a good dude and does a ton of cross border business (selling from Canada to the US, vice-versa & within the US).

As always, it's good to get a second opinion through a qualified third-party, or travel to see the car in person, but otherwise you should be in fine hands.

3. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks!

4. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I've done tons of Business with Tim and worked on a number of cars they have had through their hands over the years. Good guy

5. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    CJ Wilson has a real problem w/ Silver Arrow, especially with their behaviour on BaT.

6. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Can you elaborate?

7. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I wouldn't hold BaT in high regard.

A friend of mine sold a car through BaT. It was an estate sale he was handling. After the dust settled, he'd swear he'd never do it again. BaT screwed up the description and after numerous email and phone calls, they still didn't get it right. Also, there is/was a problem with the bidding process the site uses. It's not instantaneous, there is a time-delay. There are plenty of other venues to sell a car and frankly, BaT should've stayed the way they were before.

8. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    To prevent RNM, dealers bid on their friends' cars. But it's better just to ask him for his experience.

9. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Well, since I don't know CJ Wilson, nor have any idea who he might be, asking him is sort of hard. Maybe you could invite him to participate in this thread?

In any event, the car I was bidding on was no reserve, and I didn't end up getting it.

10. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
  11. RPinVIc

RPinVIc Rookie

May 17, 2016
    Victoria, BC
    Full Name:
    Ryan Patterson
    Tim is a great guy, and they have very nice cars. I'm local to them if you want any photos or information as my office is near there showroom.