CS style engine lid/lip | FerrariChat

CS style engine lid/lip

Discussion in '360/430' started by Neil A, Aug 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    I have recently bought my first Ferrari , a 360 with a few Stradale styling parts.
    One thing that I would like to add is the strad style engine cover.
    I know finding a full hatch with lexan will be an issue ,so looking more towards the add on section. I believe there are a couple of suppliers but so far have talked to Mike from Prosport.
    To help in getting quote for fitting has anyone had experiance with one of these , and mainly does the rear glass need remove/refitted to blend them in properly ?

The part prosport sells

Image Unavailable, Please Login

My car justnow

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

fabrices, tifosi101 and pilotoCS like this.
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    You can get a Lexan rear window inexpensively from Plastics4Performance.

If you just call them and ask them not to put the air scoop in, from the 360 Challenge, they will do it. Pretty much identical then to the official Cliamcool one then. The only extra thing you'll need is some brace bars which you can easily get made out of lightweight aluminium.

tifosi101 and RANDY6005 like this.
  3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Not sure the "juice is worth the squeeze". Remember the 360 has an aluminum rear hatch/lid assembly. Bonding it to the fiberglass part you are looking at can be done, but doing a nice job to a look befitting a Ferrari (unless it's a track car) is going to be tougher than it looks-- and if done correctly, $$$.

IMO, your car looks beautiful as it is now in the photos. And unless it's a track car, I can't see where the added hump is worth the trouble. If you are trying to recreate a CS out of your 360 then I get it though.

4. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK

Thanks Trev

Ive used P4P in the past and the quality of the thermo molded screens is second to non .

This car is just a sunny day toy (living in Scotland it wont get much use ) so not looking to save weight, as i have a light , stripped out track car already.

KC360 FL

I do agree it is a lot of work for the slight change , but I do prefer the lines with the extra bulge .

Ideally i would get an alloy panel formed and welded on but finding someone with the skill to do that is an issue.

I had the same thoughts about my previous R8 , where the rear just looked a little bland after I had seen a GT with the rear spoiler.

5. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I have been thinking of doing this mod also just wonder how much work is involved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    How did you like your r8?

7. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    It was a really nice car very usable as a daily, while still being fun to drive and looking a bit special.

It was a V8 so not overly fast similar pace to my 360 , but the Ferrari feels a lot more special to own.

8. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I have been driving a 15 v10+ and its pretty fun I love the transmission. but i love my 360 I feel like the r8 gets more of the younger crowd.

9. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    Received my lip spoiler through today from prosport, looks to be a nicely made part and also comes with a large heat shield for under the boot lid.
    Sadly my car was in to get a bit of ppf changed out and some of the paint lifted on the wing, so the car will now be going in for a front end respray and to get this fitted in the next couple of weeks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tifosi101 and 02360spider like this.
  10. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Neil A - What carbon side mirrors do you have and how is the build quality and function? I like the look, but hate to loose the power/folding functionality of the OEM or actual CS OEM CF mirrors.

I have been collecting CF parts over the years (front bumper, rockers, fuel lid, etc) and getting close to doing the same cosmetic mods myself.

11. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    They were fitted to the car before I bought it , but I believe they are the generic aftermarket ones most people fit. Sadly they are not electric and don't fold, but the actual quality of the carbon is good and visibility isn't bad once they are set.

12. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    remfrs and tifosi101 like this.
  13. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    looking good

02360spider likes this.
  14. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Please post about the diffuser fins as well

15. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    The rear fins are also from prosport sure they were around £300 .

tifosi101 likes this.
  16. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Neil did they bond the rear boot cover over the old one or removed it ? how did it turn out ? and how did they do it ? Thanks for any help

17. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    Just to close this outni picked up my car today and couldn't be happier with the finish. Time will tell how the panel will react to the engine bay heat long term but we did fit the large sheat of nimbus heat material that prosport provided.

As an added bonus the body shop opted to paint the stripe on thos section to avoid any chance of the decal lifting around the brake light like it had previously.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

RANDY6005 and brookliner7 like this.
  18. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Looks great - hope to have my car looking like it next spring, just need to order the diffuser fins and I will be excluding stripe and mirrors (don’t want to give up power controls).

Do you have OE sport seats? I recently obtained a pair of new 488 Daytona seats that I was going to install, but I’m now having second thoughts.

19. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    RANDY6005 likes this.
  20. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Hey Neil A did they have to remove your aluminum lid too install the fiber glass lid and how did they bond it ? Please let me know I should be talking to Zanasi Ferrari in Italy they can make me one out of Carbon Fiber I am afraid it will be stupid money if they make one for me

21. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    The fiberglass panel is both bonded and riveted to the original. They didnt have to cut the alloy but did have to reshape the fiberglass.
    As it is designed to sit over the original panel it would normally sit proud a few mm at the edges where it meets the rear 1/4's,the body shop cut the panel so they had room to blend the edges more so it sits flush.

tifosi101, Robb and RANDY6005 like this.