2019 Range Rover | FerrariChat

2019 Range Rover

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by schwoo, Apr 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    My wife is looking at a range rover MSRP $112,000. We Will be trading in a 2017 Range Rover sport with 28,000 miles. They have offered us $48,000 for trade-in. What should I ask off the MSRP? 2%? 3%? Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    What is the Sport you're trading (V6, V8, SC, etc)?

You should be able to get 5-8% off the new one depending on your relationship with them - we got 8% off our last new Rover purchase. You should probably work a clean deal number without the trade first, then bring the trade into the scenario after you've got the real bottom line out of them on the new one... that way you know you're getting the best deal on both ends (with and without the trade).

technom3, ag512bbi and anunakki like this.
  3. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Excellent fantastic advice thanks for your input

4. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have had 6 range rovers in a row now
    I always and only start to deal on the 29th of any month.
    Their incentive to cut a deal is at an all time high when they have the prospective of adding another sale to that month!

Jean-Pierre Marchand likes this.
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Being in the car business for many years, BOTH gave GREAT advice.

6. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    My lease on the Sport is up next month and I am ordering a 20 Range Rover 5.0 SC.

I think Land Rover has upped their game. Before Ill look first at a bmw, then benz then land rover.

Now, its land rover, benz then bmw.

Hows ur 19 Rover ownership?

7. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    She Absolutely loves it. Fun to dry, great interior, very safe. So far we have been very pleased.

8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Yup the new rovers are great. Wouldn’t even consider anything from BMW or Benz these days except the new G.

9. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Since the Velar filled in the spot just below the sport...RR has raised the price of the sport..
    They usually topped out at 99,000..for the SC Sport.
    Now they can Top out at $110,000.+
    Love my Auto Bio...
    Best Option bar none is the optional meridian 1800 watt sound system..24 speakers..
    I dont get enough seat time ever with this option!!

10. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I did not checked it. I just left it standard. I reasoned, if my nissan with a generic system, surely a standard meridian should be enough.

My MSRP is $126k already. Delivery 11/26/19.

After getting a 19 Cadillac ESV for long trips, I am spoiled to get the automatic step board. After 5 years, ill get another Cadillac, you want luxury for 7 people, then a cadi is the top dog DD. imo

Auto step board for a standard meridium.
    I hope the standard meridian is enough though.

schwoo, did you get the upgraded meridian? how is it?

11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Ive been interested with a G except i think the size is too small for a family of 5(3 kids).

Im on my 3rd Sport which probably sizewise like the G. love the SC, but we have out grown it.

Thats why I cant buy a cayenne also.

12. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    [QUOTE="

schwoo, did you get the upgraded meridian? how is it?[/QUOTE]

Mine is a 17' bought in 16"..
    was $102 back then....then came Velar.
    My lease is up in 6 months..

Best part of the 1800 watts is this..

I bluetooth from my iphone , but I lower the volume on the iphone so I can use more power to amplify from meridian system.
    This increases response from sub woofers, so....listening at lower volumes and getting lots of sound from all speakers is now possible..
    These are so well insulated cars that sound acoustics are great inside..Cant live without it now..I think they raised the list of this system from $4500 to $6300.00 too.

13. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo

msdesignltd likes this.
  14. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Yup haven’t been in a new G, but the old one is significantly smaller than the sport in my opinion

15. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Best large luxury vehcile is the navigator. That thing mopa the floor with the Escalade.

Lincoln just changed the whole game in that segment and gm will really have to step it up

VAF84 and Boomhauer like this.
  16. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo

I looked at Lincoln before I bought the escalade, I liked the looks of the lincoln for a short time but not too much.
    But the interior on the lincoln, with that middle island, will not suite us. I need space. Also the back compartment for luggage, the cadillac seem be bigger.

But, the lincoln is really an eye catcher.

17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The Lincoln L is actually bigger and has more room aft of the third row but understand on the rest

18. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    IMO
    Lincoln , escalade, Yukon
    They are masquerading as safe machines
    They are overweight pigs
    The turning radius sucks, they are straight axles rears, the suspension geometry is horrible, they are made with 1960’s metallurgy... under braked, under powered..show me one that has yaw and pitch safety nannies or even a hint of handling.
    America is still building K cars..... with lipstick now.!

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    They are safe machines. They aren't masquerading.

Also the Lincoln does NOT have a solid axle rear. The truck is fully independent.

The suspension geometry is great and has variable suspension.

The Lincoln has PLENTY of power and has very good brakes. The Escalade also has good brakes.

These trucks aren't built for slalom. If you are looking for a sports car but one. These haul 6-7 people in comfort. There is ZERO sporting intention of these and it's refreshing.

What does 1960 metallurgy mean. Lol. By the way... The Lincoln has an aluminum body. The entire body is aluminum.

NbyNW likes this.
  20. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I would disagree. They are big cars and should not be compared to small SUV.

Show me a vehicle that can fit 7 people in comfort, and space to put/just throw their bags, baggages and stroller, and wont look like a Hobo's car when loaded, Ill buy it. I can even put my crate and bring my 2 german shepeherds in the back and my pomeranian inside the cabin.

Only American vehicles build these things.

Ill get on the Cadillac anytime if I am going on road trips than drive my Rover. Its much more comfortable than you may think.
    And in 5 years, Ill get another one.

My cadillac is stored until the next road trip, which I do very often as I travel alot.

21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My Expedition has been awesome for cross country road trips. Plenty of space for luggage, two dogs, and extra stuff. Plus pulling a trailer with a fun car. It’ll be hard going to a smaller vehicle.