348 - Looking for 1994 348 Spider Blu Surco - VIN 098396 | FerrariChat

348 Looking for 1994 348 Spider Blu Surco - VIN 098396

Discussion in '348/355' started by PACINO, Aug 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PACINO

PACINO Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2007
    California
  2. zddy97210

zddy97210 Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    I have it! It’s currently sitting in my garage in Portland, OR. Feel free to contact me.
    Zach

aballas, VPX, JoeTSI and 3 others like this.
  3. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    That is cool that you located it!

Robb

4. PACINO

PACINO Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2007
    California
    Zach, Just noticed your reply, as we were away at Monterey Car Week. If you have any thoughts of selling it in the future, please PM me. Still love the car. Paul

VPX likes this.
  5. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    this is pretty cool

6. zddy97210

zddy97210 Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Paul!!! Great to meet you and sorry for my delay. I’m in love with the car as well, but if I decide to part (my garage/driveway is a little tight) you’ll be the first person to know. Easy car to love, she’s in still drives amazing (the steering!!!) and has been well cared for by the prior owner and now myself over the past 15 years.

I’m so glad you mentioned the Shields. I assumed they were stickers and planning on removing them, but when I picked up the car I was very surprised to see they were formed into the fender. From what I understand factory Shields weren’t an option until the 360...do you know how this car came to have them? Between the Shields and the Blue Scuro (which I don’t think was available in 94 according to my super limited research) I was thinking this was some sort of custom order, but I also understand that Ferrari didn’t do a lot of custom orders until more recently.

VPX likes this.
  7. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Great thread! Curious to know more about the shields

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.

Attached Files:

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Blu scuro certainly was available on late 348s. I have pics of a few—all late Spiders.

But the shields, they started to become available in 98 or 99 on the 355. My bet is that all of these fenders are from a 355. The only 348 that got these was the Competizione.

10. PACINO

PACINO Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2007
    California
    Blu Scuro is the original factory color. I am fairly certain that there were 12 - 348s made in this color, from research I did when I owned the car. I believe this is the only factory triple blue car though (blue exterior & top, blue leather and blue carpets)!

About the shields... I chose to have them added to the car when I did a refresh on her to make the car perfect. Ferrari factory authorized shops have a tool that presses the shield form into the fenders, which is how these were done. I hated the stick-on shields used by some. Although this addition will deduct 1 point if you show the car at sanctioned FCA judging events the car should still get enough points to get “Platinum” scores. At the same time I also had the brake calipers painted red, as they came in red, black or silver in 1994.

Please stay in touch, as I would definitely want her back if you ever decide to sell.
    For now... enjoy her... she is an exceptional and rare example of a 348.

zddy97210 likes this.
  11. Philipnz

Philipnz Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Whitianga New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Philip Hart
    I know how you feel. I owned a 348 Spider from 2000 to 2006 and the worst decision I ever made was to trade it in on a 360. Even rarer with only 70~ built in RHD.

Man, I miss that car, I'd buy it back in a heartbeat.

People don't realise that the Spider was a major upgrade on the 348's that came before it, The engine was longitude, the suspension set up was totally different and basically what the 355 used after it. The battery was moved to the front wheel well (even my dealer didn't know that)