Taken Off Market - 2013 458 SPIDER TDF | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2013 458 SPIDER TDF

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Chupee, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Those transactions are almost a year old. That data does not support your thesis

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    If your infering I'm a newly minted expert I'd just say I trade in this stuff daily. I'm no expert but I am a check writer on these cars several times a day.

IloveGT likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The june 12 3.6 car supports my thesis

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I would disagree. But I don't want to hijack this guys thread more than I/we already have.

I
    I want to say Chuppess car is awesome. I love the spec. It is a very very pretty car. I'm sure who ever buys it will be very happy with it.

Chupee likes this.
  5. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair

Dont become a statistician please!

6. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
  7. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    BOKE, Avia11, DEPZ and 2 others like this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well if nothing else this thread certainly has traction and entertainment. Best , Kirk.

Dicecal, BOKE, RWP137 and 2 others like this.
  9. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    LOL!! this truly made me laugh. hahaha, sorry for my immaturity, We are all kids in a toy store

He shouldn't have disclosed the price paid, IF the seller said he paid $229 or 230K and had it for a year, the buyers would feel like they are getting a better deal from someone's pain. The additional pain at final negotiations would have garnered at least a couple thousand bucks minimum.

10. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    #135 Chupee, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Hysterical! Only supports the fact that you can not buy a car like this anywhere for 200 today so it matter's not what was paid but where the market is today, or maybe you were not aware of how a market works. So, I tell you I bought a share of Apple stock for 223 or 70 a year ago and in your brain you think that actually has a bearing on what a buywer should pay today? It simply means I either paid too much or got a reasonable deal in relation to where the market is at time of sale. I hope this helps you moving forward in your aquisitions.

thx again

11. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    It’s a beautiful car, and to me worth $200k all day long. Then again I’m biased lol

12. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    "Good luck trying to get top dollar as your car continues to depreciate". THats not very nice from someone who was not even close to what the best cash offer thus far has been! Several years ago I sold an 04 TDF 360 spider gated here for $84,000. Based on your mindset that would car was a depreciating asset when in reality THAT CAR'S VALUE EXPLODED when all of a suden the 6 speed became the car to have. Tnat same damm car went just months later to a market value of approx $130 or more That is what can happen at time with these "depreciating assets" Forward thinking is not your skillset I assure you but thanks for sharing!

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Worth repeating everything you wrote here again....

Chupee likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Look i can be off by a cple percent give or take i just dont see this car being below 175k wholesale and if a dealer had a buyer lined up at 190 why Wldnt they pay 180k for it...i wld

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    OP maybe post some fresh pics of the car, the dashboard, some new angles. You have a BEAUTIFUL car and I'd love to see more. If my Cali30 HS sells, you'll be a big consideration for my next purchase. Keep your head up!

Chupee likes this.
  16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I agree.

17. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Every car is a bit different so a car’s value cannot be fairly determined on the basis of the sale of comparable model years. The value of the OP’s car has been set by him and it’s his prerogative to set that price. In other words that’s the price the car is worth to him. If he doesn’t need the money right away it’s his right to hold to his price. Period. None here should criticize him for setting that price. I know I’ve sold cars for less than I thought they were worth and have been unhappy after doing so. So if you don’t need the cash for something else hold on until you’re satisfied. Otherwise seller’s remorse will quickly set in. ;). GLWS.

Suffyk, Avia11, mkraft3003 and 3 others like this.
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ur spot on, i think some us were just providing a perspective in response to post 43, thats all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I agree. Especially if someone is not purchasing that car. If the prospective buyer views it is priced too high, then that discussion should be with seller.

20. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Agreed & Agreed!

21. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Jeez...the OP posts a very nice and highly optioned car for a reasonable asking price and gets grief for not responding to a wholesale offer. If I didn’t have a 2015 Spider that I really like I would be interested in this car.

Nice car, reasonable ask, if you don’t like it then move along and don’t trash the post with opinions on value. The “actual” market will prevail.

Keb503 and Innovativethinker like this.
  22. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    And another thing. I am in the market for a 458 Spider. I currently have a Cali. The days of selling private are gone, at least for me. When you have cars valued in the 100k's, the tax savings on trading in the car is substantial. That in and of itself makes it very difficult to sell a car privately. You have to find someone who does not have a car to sell. While I would be interested in your car, I would have to sell mine first, and then buy your car and pay tax on the full amount. This just cuts into your possible pool of buyers.

Fireman1291 likes this.
  23. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Depends where you live. No tax trade credit in CA and sales tax on all transactions. In AZ there is no sales tax on private party transactions, so if you don’t need to finance there is a huge advantage to buying private party. The problem I’m having right now is trying to find what I want private party. Dealers have a lot more variety.

24. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    thanks for the reality check!

25. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #150 arizonaitalian, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    A few things seem obvious to me:

1) That is one awesome looking car.
    2) I'd take the stripe off if I was trying to sell it.
    3) Wholesale is likely 180k +/- imho (don't kid ourselves, there is no precision. Call it "+/-")
    4) $200k is a fair private party price imho
    5) An offer of 10% below asking is NOT an insult imho, rather a fair opening and place to negotiate (If that is an insult, well then I guess I was insulted by literally everyone when I went to sell my CS...and some I guess were telling me to f-off and punching me in the face too it would seem.)

My overall comment is, I fail to see why folks get so worked up over a few percentage points when buying or selling one of these cars. These are fairly illiquid markets and each car has its own unique condition/mileage/history/story/options. When shopping, if you find the right car, don't worry about a few percentage points. In most cases, that amount of purchase price delta/premium will pale in comparison to your other costs included in total cost to own over a few years. Similarly, as this thread demonstrates, trying to sell one of these for "a bit better price" nearly always means (lots of) time and hassle. The only cars that ever sell quickly here are...no surprise, "priced to sell". If you have a real cash buyer early on for a few points under your price, take it, or at least engage and negotiate. At least that's my pov on these car toys.

sixcarbs, VAF84, Cigarzman and 2 others like this.