Pete Singhof testimonial thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pete Singhof testimonial thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Sep 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry, got you mixed up with some other heinous trade :)
    well done world police
    I'm for Italian heritage so yes I do :p

The star chamber (mod forum) has never sat in a good place for me as I saw the miscreants that inhabit it and passed judgement on some good and decent people and I know modding is hard AND time consuming AND lots of people that don't deserve it are given many " lives" but Americans moderating civilised people like the UK and Oz with our different sense of humour (self-deprecating and slagging ya mates off is just normal for us) grates because you lot quite often lack a sense of humour (apart from Bill Cosby .... but let's not go there now) and pass erroneous judgement leaving people like Aircon and myself sitting on the sidewalk while trolls can continually bait the tifosi , like Peter Singhof, and get the occasional slap on the wrist ..... that toil idiot IS here but using an anonymous account logged onto another machine in a different country registered as *******, this digital world is too easily manipulated and you should know that

Bas likes this.
  2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Well, the mod you're harboring a grudge against was born to English parents and lived the majority of the last two decades in the UK. So much for your theory about Americans coming along to ruin your day.

If you know who toil is, let me know. I've permabanned several accounts of his and I'd happily do it again.

All the best,
    Andrew.

BOKE and daytona355 like this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

John,

We're left with "Americans" modding the Aussie section because none of you guys will do it.

PAP is a mod there, but he's not active. Wax, your honorary Aussie, sticks his nose in now and again, but he's a sympathizer so I discount his efforts. :D

I'm supposed to moderate in there, but we know how well that worked out last time. :rolleyes: Most guys don't want to go anywhere near your section, for fear some of the **** that flies out of there will stick to them.

So, I'm guessing you'd like us to leave your arses alone and let you muck about unimpeded, right? No problem, just get all the guys to pony up $100 each, USD, per year and I'll get booker to set you all up with a very private forum all your own.

Otherwise, why not just be happy at the leeway you guys get there, and try to get along? (I know the answer, just want to hear you admit it.)

Dave

4. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Leave Morett's alone....he knows what he's doing :D

daytona355 likes this.
  5. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Dave, as you well know, I have been on this forum long before it was called fchat (1998 from memory) and I thoroughly enjoyed the fun posting between all subscribers back then , and I enjoy the banter in the Oz section as it's our own little public bar well away from the rest of the asylum and we all know each other and have outings in our Ferraris enjoying a nice life.

What has happened in the last few years is that the F1 section has become as toxic as P&R due to a small number of interlopers pretending to be F1 fans when all they really do is agitate the tifosi .

As you may have noticed , I rarely participate in this area due to the toxic environment it has become but I like to check in every now and then to see if the more knowledgable posters, like PS, have any new inside info and try to avoid the troll posts

Anyway, your modding of the Oz section wasn't all bad, we became mates and I hope to see you next year on my visit to the great country that the USA is

Cheers

John

Bas, fil and daytona355 like this.
  6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Did I say Americans ruin my day ?

I said they don't get the UK/Aussie sense of humour .......... go back some yearss and see what happened to the UK section of fchat where there was a mass exodus from this site by the UK boys who got ticked off with the stupid bans ..........."Remember the Alamo" was their parting joust :p

There were some funny guys there and RL admitted later he handled it badly (TonyL may elaborate but why bother, it's in the past and we move on)

Due to the UK exodus the Aussie section was left alone (and if you look at the traffic footprint the Oz section creates you'll know why - top talkers, # of posts, # of views, etc)

What ALL of the posting here is about is that we have some great people here and some GRATE people, get rid of the GRATE people and the F1 section will return to just heated arguments among tifosi who can generate plenty of traffic (forum owners love that ) without the need of outsiders causing anguish amongst Ferrari loving lunatics

I don't like Vettel , and he is Ferrari driver .... I don't like Alonso, did at first but he is devisive, Sid loves him, Sid is nuts :p

Furoni hates Alonso .... he's a visionary :p

Loved Max at first but being Dutch nothing is his fault when he T-bones someone (Sorry Bas :) )

Anyway, add this post to the star chamber follow up, I'm sure they'll tell you how to deal with me but the truth is I've been a LONG time Ferrari owner and an even longer time Ferrari tifosi ...... nothing will change and I'll still be able to go down to the garage and drive off in one of the 3 RHD 355CH built at the factory as such :)

BTW I thought you did an ok job as mod here apart from obviously banning me for a picture of a horse and aircon for god knows what (he was never rude like me and he got banned from the F1 section like PS ....... glad my names not Peter :)

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Maybe those expectations are not completely unjustified...

8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Gulp - remind me!

9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham

Go on, give us your version then !!

I think it was after a Ferrari defeat, earlier in the year.
    You questioned my presence on a thread which, according to you, was only for tifosi to commiserate.
    Maybe that will refresh your memory ?[/QUOTE]

When you described me as having a problem it was following my comments on Mercedes AMG.
    As someone with psychology qualifications, your propensity to post here does interest me from a Freudian point of view.
    That said, while I question your motivation for posting on a Ferrari thread I do not question your right to do so which has been clearly explained by various mods above.
    As I have no wish to be drawn into a war of words with you, which could end in a ban for me, as it seemingly has for others, I will follow Mod advice and put you on ignore.

kes7u, stavura, Jeronimo GTO and 5 others like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    True, we even shower together :)

lorenzobandini, stavura, VPX and 2 others like this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    When you described me as having a problem it was following my comments on Mercedes AMG.
    As someone with psychology qualifications, your propensity to post here does interest me from a Freudian point of view.
    That said, while I question your motivation for posting on a Ferrari thread I do not question your right to do so which has been clearly explained by various mods above.
    As I have no wish to be drawn into a war of words with you, which could end in a ban for me, as it seemingly has for others, I will follow Mod advice and put you on ignore.[/QUOTE]

Very wise decision...beggining of today i have all group 44 on ignore..it will work like a charm!

kes7u, stavura, Makuono and 4 others like this.
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Apart from giving the real Group 44 a bad name...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    ... good plan.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but one criterion that should be used to judge who's a troll in the F1 section of a Ferrari chat site is to look for their activity on the rest of the site - whether commenting on the new 812GTS, the vintage section or jm2's car design thread, etc. - or if they just show up on the F1 section to wind up the Ferrari fans when their guy wins and to regurgitate the "Ferrari are cheaters" prejudices.

lorenzobandini, 375+, stavura and 5 others like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I like Jags..theyd eserve better :)

ingegnere likes this.
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    #89 pilotoCS, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    I don't like to see Peter banished, if even from just the F1 forum. But didn't he have an abnormal obsession with his dislike of Hamilton? I'm asking as I've only been on here for a few months.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  15. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #90 ypsilon, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Always felt the Dutch and English/Aussies had many similarities. Confirmed again. ;)

daytona355 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Strange, isn't it that my other half, also a qualified psychologist (She works for the Home Office in the carceral environment) don't find anything reprehensible with my "propensity" to post on a F1 forum. She had a good laugh reading your post, BTW.
    My motivation? Well, I am now retired with plenty of time to satisfy my hobbies: F1 is just one of them.
    Cheers.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  17. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    +1000

Years overdue

Surfah and william like this.
  18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Haha well done mate :p

Howsya clogs ? :D

Bas and ypsilon like this.
  19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Yes...

20. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    daytona355 likes this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    100%!

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dead wrong. He was solely interested in defending MS and Vettel.

He was trolling anybody (especially me) for any comment regarding either of these two German drivers.

Surfah and william like this.
  23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #98 DeSoto, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    I'm just going to say one thing: everytime an old fart of the F1 section gets banned, we win.

Moderators, think about it.

Igor Ound likes this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    And your suport for Stroll is genuine and not for trolling i supose?

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Absolutely. I like the guy a lot and find it hilarious that average talent is able to get a seat in F1. Not that he is the first who has done that but I love watching him, especially when he defies the odds and nay sayers.

Funny that you make this comment. How about your one sided perspective of Alesi whom you hold in highest regards?

william likes this.