488 - Best ways to deter people from sitting or touching the car for selfies ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 Best ways to deter people from sitting or touching the car for selfies ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Actualizer, Sep 2, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    It's actually a great range. I hosted one of my events there a couple years back.

The issue is its located near a low income area ridden with crime.

2. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Haha ! Trust me you can take her if you want . My daughters tricked me into getting this silliest , lovable yet the most stupid creature in my life !

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

...so if your well deserved wife or girlfriend ( or boyfriend !) was hot , would you be equally tolérant towards people appreciating her ( him ) as opposed to those admirers who grab her ( his ! ) ass ! ? Will you just ‘get over’ yourself just because she’s ( he’s ) hot !

Way2fast likes this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Did you book a clear bra appointment yet? Time to get it wrapped.

Another benefit is that with the wrap you can brush the vinyl off with a car duster, and use window cleaner to spritz it and wipe with a microfiber cloth when needed. I've only washed the car with a bucket once.

I gave my car a wipe down this morning and when I came out for lunch there were large handprints on my window. Meh.

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Put a Ninja Warrior in the passenger seat.

Actualizer likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #56 IloveGT, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    I see. You teat your car as your wife. Okay. Got it. Now I understand why you are so uptight about it. Yes, I guess you are right. Whenever you trade in your car, you will lose money, just like in real divorces. But hey at least your car can't say no when you purchase the car, right? So you gotta treat the car right.

If you don't want anyone see your hot wife and whistle and think dirty when she walks with the big ass or tits jiggling, the best way is to marry a very ugly one so no one will look at her, or just be very confident yourself and treat your wife right, so that she sees you as the only man she deserves in the whole world.

Again, chill. Car is not a wife. Period.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L
    Way2fast and Actualizer like this.
  8. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L
    +1 to a full wrap. Was one of the first things I did when I got my 458. I worry sooooo much less now.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Actualizer and ryalex like this.
  9. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L

Frunk Monkey!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Way2fast likes this.
  10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Clear bra and accept you're parking an outrageous priced look at me car in a tourist area. It comes will the territory.

It's very unlikely any leaning or touching or even sitting is going to damage the car. The risk from sitting is more metal fasteners than weight. It's not impossible, but unlikely.

Why do you park a 488 on the street in a tourist area? Doesn't exactly sound like a great place to enjoy a Ferrari in the first place...

Actualizer likes this.
  11. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I hear ya bro !
    The town that I live in is a touristy Beach town where all Aussies and overseas tourists head for fun . I live in a residential apartment in downtown which is also a 5 star hotel.
    Car is parked in locked garage for residents but anywhere on the street when you’re out and about , one co es across tourists and visitors.
    I have the clear bra from Ferrari factory installed . I think Blackvue will be ok. I’ve located the local dealer.

ryalex likes this.
  12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Same here, although the sand doesn't really lead anywhere! I always have people taking pictures and posing with my cars, which I take as a compliment. I'll usually invite onlookers to sit in it if I'm nearby - for me it's part of having toys other people want.

On Friday I parked in a lot that has a graffiti mural wall, and I came back to a gal having her BF take pictures of her posing with the car [the type of cross-legged girly poses clearly for IG/Snap]. She saw me approach and was startled, I laughed and gave them a thumbs up.

13. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Got that installed on my FF last week

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

14. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I find your thinly veiled comments disgusting at least! You seemed to just be waiting to post nasty and derogatory comments about just one group or stereotype which says a lot about you and your ignorance! I've owned an exotic for a few years and like most owners I talked with it doesn't matter where you are or what "type" of person you encounter anyone can be an *******. I've experienced spoiled brats at concours leaning on and taking liberties on my car and others just because they had money or felt entitled too. I've also had homeless people in urban areas praise my car and offer to protect it when I ran into a store. My friend with a Lambo returned to find a lady siting on his windshield while her idiot boyfriend took pictures and lets just say she looked nothing like what you described.

Take your hate to the politics section where I'm sure you'll be happy!

Boomhauer, Way2fast and TomC9786 like this.
  15. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Suggestions:
    1) Full PPF
    2) Use of a heavy duty, non-descript car cover with an underbody cable lock
    3) to the extent possible, only park in locations generally considered safe
    4) it’s rare, and only under very safe conditions do I ever leave my car unattended.

16. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Wait so because a normal looking person sat on your buddies hood, mine now has to be? If you ate eggs for breakfast this am, I guess I did too??

This is what's wrong with this PC world we live in, you push your rainbow la la land experiences and views on others. My post disgusting? No, whats disgusting is seeing a POS sitting on your thin aluminum hood while smearing oily hand prints all over the hot paint. I'm not ignorant, nor racist or anything other derogatory term you seem so hell bent on flapping your gums about. I posted a clear description of the individuals I DELT WITH the day MY CAR WAS SAT ON.

So again, I came out of a high end gun range that is in close proximity to a high crime, poor area, to find oily hand prints all over my car. The security camera caught them in the act. They were found in the showroom of the gun range posing with store counter Glocks for their snap chat and IG. They kept saying terms like "drop yo **** *****" and "***** get wit it" while pursing their lips at the camera, Glock held up high. Do I need to mention their attire or length of the fake plastic nails on their hands? These people don't give a rats ass about your property or mine and only know how to take. So yeah, the ghetto rat, sat on my hood, leaned back, and smeared an oily hand print all over my paint that was so thick, I had to buff it off the surface as it baked in the hot FL sun.

sfcorse, italiafan, Napoli and 3 others like this.
  17. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    This isn't about being PC! You can post what you want but so can I .that's how it works! Nobody asked you about what type of person sat on your car. The OP just wanted to know how to deter people from doing it. Something most of us deal with. But you, unprovoked need to describe the people who you say did something to you car. I bet you're the type to have 20 people who look like you lean or sit on your car but you would never post about it. But let 1 person from a group you don't like and you get sooo outraged and feel the need to post it online on a thread that didn't even ask you for that information. A real tough guy aren't you! Btw who in the hell says what you think is normal??

You brought up race because you know exactly what you meant by your original post and if you don't like me flapping my gums then you need to learn how to shut your gums up as well or deal with it!

Like I said most owners here have experienced similar bad actors and idiots and from the stories I've heard and they come from all backgrounds. You were the
    were the only one who felt the need to make such a disgusting description of "THESE PEOPLE" because of your agenda. I''ve dealt with them and so be it. And yes your description is Ignorant because as you just stated "These people don't give a rats ass about your property or mine and only know how to take". I've witnessed wealthy people from affluent backgrounds do the same exact thing so do they only know how to take too??

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Never encountered a single negative incident with any of my cars. Constantly have received nothing but enthusiastic comments, lots of photos taken and respectful requests to take a photo or view the interior. I consistently park my cars at the gym parking lot, shopping centres and on the street.

gstudent, Boomhauer and gqa like this.
  19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well after 3.5 years of parking anywhere and everywhere with my Ferraris I had my first vandalism today: someone poured a Coke on the rear badge and bumper.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thankfully none got down to the engine bay or into the radiator intakes, and with the wrap it only took me a few minutes to wipe down with a microfiber cloth. It had mostly pooled up on the rear spoiler area.

It happened between 5 and 6pm apparently, as I found it when I left my office to go to the store at 6 and I had just run another errand before 5pm. My property manager is going to pull our parking lot video footage for me tomorrow...

20. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Sorry that happened to you man. That deserves some wholesale butt whoopin, you just don't mess with a mans car!

21. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah i was bummed out for a few minutes, why maliciously damage other people's stuff? That's not an impulse i get, even when provoked.

22. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I let them all take pictures - lifes short let them enjoy

IloveGT likes this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have no tolerance for rudeness, absence of consideration for others and especially doing harm to another’s property and physical being. Having a somewhat menacing appearance has the effect of preventing the above noted behaviour.

Actualizer and Fireman1291 like this.
  24. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    It's funny how people react to my Ferrari here in Memphis. They simply don't react. This is not a car town and few to no people can tell my car isn't a Honda, Acura or some sort of home built thing. They are absolutely oblivious to the fact they are walking past a rare and beautiful Azzurro California Ferrari. My car has no fender shields and unless someone is actually looking, they'll miss the small Ferrari lettering across the front and rear.

I've had one guy stop and take a picture when I left the car in the parking lot at the grocery store. That's it. Nobody here cares and that's great. I'm just another member of the great unwashed to them. Perfect.

25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would love to catch someone doing this. Only a weak ass person would do such a thing. If someone has a problem then man up.

Fireman1291 likes this.