Can we create an F50 World Record in 2019? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Can we create an F50 World Record in 2019?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Camlet1, Apr 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks as always Marcel.

I'll be far more impressed if you can ID that entire lineup of 11. ;) :D

>8^)
    ER

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Nürburgring Ferrari Racing Days, there were ten F50's in attendance in 2004.

Marcel Massini

Camlet1 and Peloton25 like this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

Marcel Massini

VPX, Camlet1, robinou30 and 8 others like this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I think that event was in Germany or Austria no? Interesting to see a US Spec F50 there.

Peloton25 likes this.
  5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Now I remember these images (!) and in fact I've seen a similar image of a group of 4 or 5 F50s in Japan.

With some effort & cooperation, I think 11 can be significantly surpassed in 2019.

Nice, thanks for sharing

6. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    Count me in!

7. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Any news regarding this event? Is it happening at all?

8. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

#33 Red Sled, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Worth bearing in mind that the 25th anniversary will actually be 2020 and not 2019 (given 1995 Geneva launch).

I have been in touch with the factory about organising an F50 celebration then, but as yet nothing concrete.

Was the 2012 Silverstone F40 event organised by the Ferrari or FOC/third party?

Valerian likes this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    FOC UK.

Marcel Massini

10. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Thank you Marcel. Time to renew my FOC membership in that case.

I had enquired about the possibility of a gathering at Fiorano but the factory view seemed to be that there was not a sufficient number of F50s on the road nowadays to make a sizeable event.

11. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

While at the factory for the 812 spider launch, I discussed the F50 25th anniversary next Summer with the Head of Events, His preferred format was that of the Dino 50th last year which consisted of a Fiorano parade, factory tour & lunch and some driving. 150 cars attended. The organisation was apparently done by the German Ferrari Owners Club with facilitation by the factory.

Two obvious questions:
    1) As I am not a member of FOC UK, is there anyone here who has an FOC contact to discuss the idea?
    2) It seems that few F50s are being driven at present (presumably market environment related), and it may be difficult to get the numbers required to make the event feasible, If 150 of the 3500+ Dinos were present at the 50th, then getting even 30 of the 349 F50s could be a challenge. We had 7 interested when Camlet1 floated the idea last year. Any views/interest?

I know the factory events team quite well, and am happy to pitch in with the organisation, but the owners club's involvement appears to be important for Ferrari.

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.
    That absolutely sensational and most memorable event of all events was entirely done (planned and organised) by German privateer and Dino super expert Matthias Bartz (and some of his friends).
    The factory did nothing except opening some gates and doors. There weren't even representatives from the factory attending. Go to the Dino section on fchat and you will quickly find out what is correct and who did what or not.

Marcel Massini

13. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Thanks for the info Marcel- very useful, and found the thread in the Dino section. Quite an impressive event to say the least.

14. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    That's sad.

15. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Drop me a message and I could maybe see about mobilising another F50 for it.