New Dino Not Happening? | FerrariChat

New Dino Not Happening?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Booker, Sep 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    absostone and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  2. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I know I would, Jack.

I’m baffled by this, as in terms of strategy, it just doesn’t seem coherent, because of the reason you’ve identified.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Booker likes this.
  3. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    There really is no need for an entry level Fcar...probably because there is no 'need' for any Fcar. SUV=need. Dino=WANT.

Nobody's going to be restoring any SUV in 40 yrs. Somebody please break it to the guys behind the gate.

4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Truth be told, Ferrari started the entry level thing back in 2008 with the introduction of the California, a V8 GT below what would be the full blown V8 flagship, the 458.

Another entry level car, below the current entry level car (California/Portofino), V6 or whatever, would be welcomed by this humble owner and enthusiast. Afterall, it could be tons of fun, like the Alfa Romeo 4C, one of my all time favorite small sportscar. Better than an SUV that’s for sure.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Why have an "entry level" Ferrari when every other one you build sells for above $250k? Makes no sense to build an entry level Ferrari. Customers would only say "why do I need to buy that one for $250k+ when I can buy this one for $120k and tell all my friends that I "have a Ferrari". SUV makes sense though. You NEED to take the kids to soccer and be better than all the other soccer moms in their minivans and that guy "Ned" down the way in his Lambo SUV.

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    SUV = $$$ margin and volume

Two seater or 2+2 sports car in entry level below Portofino = crowded and declining market, makes no sense for a listed company, even if many of us would have loved it

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.