Mid Engine Corvette to be introed tomorrow, Predicting it will hurt used Ferrari V8 resales | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Mid Engine Corvette to be introed tomorrow, Predicting it will hurt used Ferrari V8 resales

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Jul 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Don't even joke like that after the past year and you living in Vegas.

Enjoy the car and as I said, I know you will give an honest assessment.

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Bob it's a nice day. How about the Sheriff instead ...:D

3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    uuummmm, noooo, that's NOT better (yes I get it, the song) but cop's do get shot every day it seems.

Let's just go back to our regular scheduled programming, please; new CORVETTE vs old FERRARI

dwhite likes this.
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    2lt and z51 will be the important options for most buyers and that should put it around 75k. an incredible value compared to a cayman, r8, nsx, gtr, 570, or used ferrari/lambo. amazing

thecarreaper likes this.
  5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

The HUD is really nice. I catch myself looking for one in my f150, which does not have one. my C6 does. (3LT)

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The one in your C6 is like a flip phone compared to a modern IPhone. The new HUDs are really amazing. All the info a driver needs with never taking your eyes off the road.

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    heads up display is great on track too

thecarreaper likes this.
  8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  9. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have a front engine V8 Ferrari and a rear engine 180 V12 Ferrari. I really like the styling of the C8. I wouldn’t consider a C8 as a replacement for either of my cars. However I see it as a great option for many to have access to rear engine car with exotic look. I know from experience the Chevy interior and materials won’t compare to more expensive F cars. The new C8 has its place and it will sell like crazy. Contrary to many I believe the front engine Vetts will hold value a bit better as the last of that front manual option. My personal fav is a C6 manual 427.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

boxerman and thecarreaper like this.
  10. Rrsperry

Rrsperry Rookie

May 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Sperry
    Well, I went to Carlisle Pa, (Corvettes at Carlisle) and actually saw and sat in them. I've also looked at buying used 360's and 430's for the last 2 years. (and I own a C7) The new car, (the display cars, about 10 of them, driven from Detroit, not trucked), if they are representative of production cars, you better hold that opinion about interior and materials. They are easily equal or better than ANY of the 360's or 430's I've seen. And no sticky buttons, or failing leather dash issues.

Just like the C7 was a quantum leap forward over the C6. the C8 is even better than the C7. There is simply no cheesy plastic inside. Granted most of the cars were not entry level (1lt interior), but the more expensive 2 and 3 LT's. But with announced pricing putting them at $70-80K, buying a used Ferrari is just stupid. The new C8 will absolutely stonk them both.. WIth a full factory warranty. I mean seriously, 0-60 in 3 sec, top speed of 192,

Is it a 488? No, but it's not $300K either...

k wright, sainthoo, slm and 2 others like this.
  11. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    We will see. Talk is talk. You know how many other manufacturers (with midship cars tested on the track before) try to get Midship production cars to handle and cant?

Power is easy to make especially with technology these days even without forced induction...

A midship should have you feeling like you're driving on rails around corners and through S's without feeling like it could throw you away at any point.

12. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    A couple of reputable sites have word from a leaked source that the Z06 model will have a twin turbo flat plane V8. If so, WOW!

k wright and thecarreaper like this.
  13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Agreed, that could be a real game changer vs the Porsche’s. Where the Porsche’s have had the edge on handling in the past. I might have to rethink the Vette vs Porsche if the Vette would not kill my back.:)

thecarreaper likes this.
  14. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I hate to admit it, but I'm actually curious to see how it handles. I dont like the design, but GM had the Pontiac Fiero? How did that handle?

15. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I think GM is a huge corporation with lots of rescources and if they chose to they are capable of building some of the best cars in the world. The question is will they actually do it.

LARRYH and Boomhauer like this.
  16. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Two completely different cars with regards to driving feel. I can tell you without even driving it that it will not feel or give the same emotion as the Ferrari. It will be an amazing car for sure but they are not really comparable. I just bought a 2019 C7 Z06 and it’s a very nice compliment to the F430. Neither one are replacements for another. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum on how they deliver their performance and experience. I wouldn’t call anyone spending 80k on a used Ferrari and idiot that person is just looking for a different experience or to accomplish a life long goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Why do people bring up the Fiero? The car hasn't been made in 31 years....It's like bringing up the Mondial.

JV's89, randkin, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  18. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #168 thecarreaper, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Because we have delusional people on here who have 348's and Mondials that are in denial there are better, cheaper, safer cars out there. Old F cars are fun. Ive have 11 of them.

But the C6, launched in 2005 was 186MPH, 4.2 sec 0-60 and a decent 1/4 time. The LS3 was even faster 2008-2013. These are BASE Corvettes, not Z06, not grand Sport, not ZR1 .

Very few "exotics" had those numbers, and given all the parts and maintenance cost, like Testarossas blowing up their differentials, the cost for performance numbers don't make sense to me anymore. - 328s are around $60k? ! Not me!

C6's can be had all day for around $20k, like the one I bought this year.

The C7 in the used market place will affect other used car sales, as will the C8.

No one can really use any of this power on public roads. Not the top end of the old F cars or the performance of a 2005 or later Corvette.

Really comes down to an individuals taste.

PS: Had two Fieros, they were junk then and less than 10 years old when I had them.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  19. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    The fiero was an excellent track,xcross and scca racer.

normv, Boomhauer and CK7684 like this.
  20. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I had 4 MR2's back in the day and a 91 Turbo last year. Much preferred over the Fiero.

21. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Should have built one like this!

Attached Files:

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think the exotic that will suffer with the c8 are the lambos.

From
    What we see so far Ferrari is pretty safe. It’s not as thought the c8 is goi g
    To get lighter or shorter or more stiff.

It will il get louder wider and far more pwerfful, ave ntador beware

23. Lagunascorpio

Lagunascorpio Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Southern CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan L
    Had a deposit on a C8. Ultimately felt like it would be a compromise. Bought a Lambo instead.

24. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I bought a 458 Spider, but still intend on getting the C8 (I need at least 4 sports cars at all times), but I will wait till the next model year when I see what changes GM will decide to make. Also I could not stomach paying sticker for one, so I'll wait till the 12% off and more comes around. My next toy is the Taycan.

25. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Apples and oranges. Did your Lambo cost $75k and come with a 7? year warranty?

Donatella and jm2 like this.