F430 Header Install in Phoenix/Scottsdale | FerrariChat

F430 Header Install in Phoenix/Scottsdale

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Zack Hawker, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Anyone have suggestions on who to use for Fabspeed header install on a 430?
    What should I expect for reasonable cost? I was thinking $1000 ish?

I called FMS and he said to just bring it in and would not really get into detail or pricing over the phone.
    Any other shops would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

There’s a place right behind Luxury Auto Collection (I’m talking a few steps away)that works on all of their cars. The place seemed clean and the owner knowledgeable. Not sure what they would charge. I’d say $1,000 is about right, give or take. Header replacement is pretty straight forward so you may be able to find some one to do it for less at a non exotic Indy shop.

The issue I had was getting the better known shops to install Fabspeed. The two best known in my area would only install original/Tubi/Capristo. I got the Fabspeed set with the blankets and they’re currently being installed.

3. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Installing headers with the engine in the car can be tricky. There is not standard time frame to complete this type of install since most headers are installed with engine out.

Since you want to install the headers, price should be secondary to the the quality of personnel working on the car and knowledge to install the components correctly.

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    FMS installed my AP headers which are essentially the same as Fabspeed, I’ll have to pull the old receipts to see what they charged me. I remember it being very reasonable, less than what I thought. BTW the Fabspeed/AP headers slip right in without having to remove anything off the engine or loosen the engine mounts.

5. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Nice, I remember speaking to you at cars and coffee. I copied your system. Fabspeed and sline, stock cats. Sounds awesome.
    Fms got back to me and said 950 which I thought was very fair. Figured I would get annual done at the same time.
    Dyno comp is at $575 but I rather go with a Ferrari Mech. See you at the next c & c, since the weather is finally breaking.

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m bringing my F430 there on the 24th for the annual service and having Andy also do a PPI. Gonna put my 430 up for sale in Oct, as my F8 order was submitted last week. Maybe I’ll see you up there, if you know anyone looking for a nice 430..let me know! See ya soon.

7. Testarossa13

Testarossa13 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    I'm in the market to replace my cracked F430 manifolds too.Who finally did your install? Any cell problems with the Fabspeed headers?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    The headers are currently still living room decoration. Shooting for next week to get them installed as I have been slammed with clients. I am going to have FMS in fountain hills do the install and get my annual done as well. I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Testarossa13

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    Sounds good looking forward to the follow up.Thanks Tony

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Testarossa13

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    Hi Zack...how is the header install going?Waiting to hear back from you so I can get my manifolds replaced on my F430 .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Tubi Sales likes this.
  11. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Hey bud, I keep saying next week ill have time to drop it off but I have been tending to clients.
    In theory next week again. I am itching to get it done so I will call today and try and get something scheduled. Stay tuned.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Nothing wrong with the guys at Dyno comp on an install like this. They are also very capable. Especially on something that is just a bolt it bolt out situation. They have some decent experience with Ferrari.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  13. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #13 VividRacing, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    For any locals, we're happy to get you a killer deal on headers or any other upgrades. For installation, I typically refer my local clients to Boreham Motorsports. Robert has been around in this industry a long time and does excellent work. He recently finished up a test pipe and exhaust install on my client's Aventador. Has done many sets of F430 headers and a wide variety of other Ferrari related installations.

-James

EDIT: As a quick heads up to all of you that are local, we frequently have Tubi Style and Agency Power physically in stock in our building in Gilbert, and we can get brands like Capristo, Kline, Novitec, Fabspeed, etc for you as well. There's times where we have these brands in stock in our warehouse as well.

14. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Andy does all my work.. My car is there to replace a seat belt and fix the rear diffuser... Andy is tops.

15. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Finally got some time to take my car in to get the headers installed. I shopped Dyno Comp, FMS and Boreham Motorsports. All seemed to be capable, DYNO Comp was the lowest price. I took my car to FMS Ferrari Service to get annual service and after speaking with them and looking at their shop with 8 or so Ferraris in there from engine builds to service to exhaust installs it just made me feel like it was the best option. I dropped my car off today and they might be done tomorrow if im lucky. $850 for the header install, fyi. I supplied gaskets and new nuts/studs that I ordered from Ricambi. I'll keep you posted as to the results.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  16. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Went on Monday to pick it up, started it up in the shop and it sounded amazing. Then almost instantaneously a huge crack of thunder and lightning and then a down pour. I have been waiting my whole life for this. Lol, went home and picked it up the next day.
    FMS did a great job, even washed my car as it was covered in bugs from a road trip.
    Oil Change
    Coolant flush
    Trans flush
    Brake flush
    New air and pollen filters. $1200
    Header install $850. I was please with the pricing on all fronts.

FMS gets my seal of approval and will service my car moving forward.

arizonaitalian and Testarossa13 like this.
  17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Andy is great and pricing is very reasonable. Nice clean shop too!