812 GTS Allocation | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ggear

Ggear Rookie

Aug 26, 2017
    I just picked up my 488 Pista Spider and was notified a 812 GTS allocation was available.

Anybody else got?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    From my knowledge there is not particular “ restrictions “ for order a 812 gts, is not as the pista spider was

Anthony Capone likes this.
  3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    my dealer told me you need to have at least 3 Ferraris, including one you regularly drive, ie not a museum piece. Not sure how that makes sense.

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Indeed.

"Sorry sir, your Pista & Daytona are superb examples, but I'm afraid your Lusso isn't driven enough to qualify". :eek:

5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I am waiting to hear about mine, but have only bought a Portofino so it seems unlikely

If anyone has a GTS build slot (in the UK) they are willing to sell, please PM me.

6. itsasickness

itsasickness Rookie

Dec 11, 2016
    I recently took delivery of my 2019 488 Spider and have an allocation for an 812 Superfast. I had asked my dealer about switching my order to the GTS and was told the current demand is high and existing 812 owners are getting first slots to buy the GTS.
    The dealer said we could talk about a strategy which means I am about to get bent over.

I was willing to take a hit on the 488 trade in but not sure I am wanting to take the hit on 2 Ferrari trades in a short time frame in order to get the GTS. I think I will wait a while and see if a slot opens up. May even rethink the 812 order altogether. Maybe I need to drive one which is hard to do in my area as they don’t have any at the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

All this seems preposterous . 812 GTs is a regular production car. I have been guaranteed one with deposit taken a year back.
    So not sure what’s happening out there. Perhaps somebody should officially seek Ferrari policy in 812 gts allocation.

8. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    I wonder how, if at all, Tailor Made builds will be impacted by the seemingly shorter life cycles of these models going into all the rules changes. It's my understanding most TM slots arrive 2x the time later than a normal build. Maybe they could try front loading the system for people desiring to drop 650k on a GTS. More profit per unit and all that. Maybe worth a shot if you are trying to find yourself at the top of the slot stack instead of the bottom. Go in all Rodney Dangerfield into the Pro Shop.

JPSMD likes this.
  9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It is a regular production car but limited by time (c. 2 years production time) and a V12 production line with limited capacity.

Unsurprisingly, Ferrari is rewarding best customers with an early allocation. There are various conflicting reports on here about the purchase history required to 'qualify' for the GTS (an 812, minimum 3 F cars... etc).

What is clear, after speaking to my dealer, is that dealers propose names to Ferrari HQ then they need to be approved (presumably, mostly based on purchase history). Depending on responses from the first batch, mere mortals like me may eventually be offered one too....

As such, I think the only uncertainty is which criteria Ferrari HQ is using to determine who gets an allocation.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1

I think it's fair to say different regions have different requirements. One's local dealer can probably clear it up. ;)

ehrst and KenU like this.
  11. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    +2:D

12. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I was told you need to have a v12 in your ownership history.

13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Asked and was told it’s possible
    Have F12 ,FF (drive daily)
    Have 488 spider with F8 on order
    Have a 430 ......

Had some others

Don’t know if waiting makes sense given it’s a regular and too much going on with buying and selling as others have suggested multiple hits on multiple cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IloveGT likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great collection !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Why not wait until 1st delivery + one day for the first second hand one to appear in the dealers? The hit you will take on trying to meet any silly dealer criteria cant be less than any appreciation that MAY happen on deliver surely.

IloveGT likes this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Huh?
    Why not just buy the car you want?
    Spec it the way you want...life is short.
    My GTS will be a long term keeper....it will be the way I want. I’ve never had dealer tell me what I had to order.

611LW, day355, KenU and 1 other person like this.
  17. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    My dealer contacted me about the GTS but I talk to them super regularly anyway. I'm super happy with my 812 and don't really find much value in a spyder since I'm not a fan of being in the sunlight.

marky1 and R J like this.
  18. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I was told the allocation decisions are still being made, that they will be made in Maranello, and that current/future 812SF owners with a good buying history are the preferred profile. Not sure how accurate that is as it was from the dealer.

JagShergill likes this.
  19. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Dealer had a list of 20 clients already last Saturday. 812 ownership and solid history besides was mentioned as a must have to be close to the top

of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  20. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yup pretty accurate.

21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    But I learned that any long term keeper I told myself never ended up a long term keeper. I too am tired of the game, although I really really really wanted a 812 GTS...

ScottS likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The cycle starts again and we as lemmings fall for it. All of the sudden the 812 coupe is undesirable and the GTS is the one to have. I’d be retired by now if I didn’t constantly chase the latest and greatest car. :)

Finally Ferrari and Solid State like this.
  23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    amen

Bhh and SoCal to az like this.
  24. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I love Ferrari, and have been blessed to have several. But aren’t you guys tired of playing the allocation game? I’ve walked away after being asked to purchase this in order to get that.

Rosino81 and 09Scuderia like this.
  25. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I realized that truth after getting 458 back in 2010.
    I bought a Lusso for my wife since but only because she wanted one, not to get another "hot" allocation.
    Tired of that game and refuse to play it anymore, my only interest is in older, manual cars only, more involving and more fun without going to jail as with modern Ferraris.