How about some pictures of our 365/400/412s | Page 28 | FerrariChat

How about some pictures of our 365/400/412s

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ak Jim, Jan 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    You'd have to call around to four or five states to get that many 400-412s together in the USA. That's really cool.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    There are a few 400i die hard there that have actually made quite a lots of miles. I must confess I am not contributing a lot in the F400club but really like what they are achieving now. 12 years ago this was more of a family business: my cousin started it all by buying a 412 and when my brother bought the first of our cars he decided that two cars could make a club! See below (Modena 2007, Ferrari anniversary):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

So, three brothers with their cousin rapidly backed by new members. The new comers (such as Rovexenius, DinoPaul and the current president) really raised the club to another stage.

Anyhow these venues are a great opportunity to spot differences and check for the small enhancements that were applied on these cars.
    1) The "Marrone" for instance has three airscoops in the trunk (two under the spare wheel and one hidden behind the bumper) that sucks the gas smell out of the trunk, there is even an additional bilge blower that forces the air out for a short while during startup.
    2) First time I could see a Lorenz, really well made and even features an additional joystick that allows a disabled person to drive the car
    3) Some cars without aerial
    4) Saw also a nice mesh cage in front of the 365 Smith blowers (looks much better than the plastic grills of my 400i)
    5) Interesting variations in the air-conditioning vents
    6) K-jet and ignition unlimited creativity
    7) Every-time amazing new colours! Lots of blue cars here, and indeed photos are somehow biased toward blue / grey cars, but "in person" my all time favourite so far is "champagne".

Let's hope some better photos will be posted as I had to make it do with poor lighting and the crappy camera of my phone.

Jasonberkeley and Il Tifoso like this.
  3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Jasonberkeley, Il Tifoso and roger21 like this.
  4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
  5. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    My condolences, Jim... hopefully she didn’t melt or break in half with all that water on her! :eek::D

Ruben

Ak Jim likes this.
  6. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    The older models do indeed have a very aggressive exhaust layout. On the 412 , these look more "encased" under the trunk. Really like the original design, but have to confess, that on my car I have a full stainless exhaust, and it's a bit to much. Your combo (original rear-end with black/chrome exhaust), is just the way to go.

7. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I saw a silver 400i heading south on the Saw Mill River Parkway Sunday, at the southern end. Anybody from here?

8. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
  9. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Jasonberkeley likes this.
  10. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    In your backyard mate?,nice camel.....

11. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Not our backyard. :)
    This is a roadhouse 90Km's south of Alice.

It was a nice weekend so we drove down & got an ice-cream to celebrate 5 years of driving the 400i. :)
    It's hard to believe we have had it that long. For one of Australia's cheapest Ferrari's it is still going strong. :D

Cheers,
    Al

12. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Jim575, Il Tifoso, Schumi and 2 others like this.
  13. PetMar

PetMar Rookie

Aug 31, 2018
    Izegem, Belgium, Europe
    Full Name:
    Marrannes Peter
    Not only for the sake of the bodywork, but especially because of the slow wipers, I hate being overwhelmed by rain.

14. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    WX forecast was for no rain. It just happens sometimes. Luckily I have a climate controlled garage to keep the car in.

15. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Il Tifoso and Jasonberkeley like this.
  16. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    What an exhaust!

Why are the HT lead encapsulated this way?

17. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    When I got the car the brackets for the spark plug wires were missing. The shop promised to send them and they never did and I think it has since gone out of business. I used the split wiring loom to keep the wires from resting directly on the engine. Would really like to get some factory wire brackets.

18. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Hello, haven't "seen" you here in a long time. Hope you are doing well!

19. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Hi Jim, I'm doing fine, thanks. I haven't used my 400 for a while but recently had a bunch of service work done and took it on a 450-mile round trip to Burlington, VT. I took the photo on the way home. The car performed flawlessly and received a lot of respect from people! Cheers, Aidan PS hope you are well too.

20. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Jasonberkeley likes this.
  21. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Jim....are you out there??

22. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Sorry to not reply sooner. I'll start by saying AK is a very large state. I'm pretty sure I have the only Ferrari in the interior. The interior is well, in the middle of the state and the main town is Fairbanks. There are about 99,000 people in an area that is 7444 square miles (19280 sqkm). The big population center is Anchorage which is 360 miles away, there is not much between the two towns.

There are a few Ferraris in the Anchorage area. A couple of years ago Forza magazine did a nice article on the Alaska Ferraris.

When I first moved to the Fairbanks area there wasn't much as far as performance cars go. That has changed slowly over the years. There are a few cars like Dodge Viper and a Nissan GTR. There is also a guy with a late model Lambo, although I've only seen the Lambo once.