360 door speaker? | FerrariChat

360 door speaker?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Sep 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    So I blew the passenger side door speaker on my 360 Modena. Anybody swap these out with a better speaker? I'm just looking to replace it and not get into the entire amp, speaker movie. Any recommendations?

2. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    90% of the speakers in car audio land that blow up, blow up because of too little power, not too much power. If you replace the speaker with a similar unit (or even an upgraded unit), the same thing is bound to happen again. This is the other reason people upgrade the amp when they change out the speakers (the obvious other reason it that is sounds ten times better).

550nitis and CCRider66 like this.
  3. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    A call to Mike at Scuderia Audio would be worth your while. You might also first go to his website (www.scuderiaaudio.com) and view his excellent videos on changeout of the factory amp and speakers. I installed the Focal 5 1/4" speaker set, along with a (very physically tiny) Mosconi amp which he recommended. This combo provides adequate and excellent sound; I did not install a subwoofer, since I didn't need or want big bass (and as others have remarked, the car makes its own music anyway). The installation was not that difficult, thanks to a few phone consultations with Mike during the process. Very pleased with the result and highly recommended.

Skidkid, tomconte and 550nitis like this.
  4. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  5. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Mike @ Scuderia Audio gets my vote. I got his whole package, amp, sub, speakers, audio sounds amazing now!

komachan likes this.
  6. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Yup, Mike at Suderia. He’ll talk you into some Focal 6.5 speakers (and he’ll be correct).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Yellow02Z06

Yellow02Z06 Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    I have an upgraded system and apparently have blown both my midrange door speakers which were JL Audio C3-600 but my system has an added amp and is a component system ie has tweeters midrange(door) and woofers 6 speakers total. I was way into having a great stereo but now I find that I listen to tons of music with airpods at gym and also left my system broken for a long while because I love the sound of the motor.....so your decision to just replace speakers makes sense to me and you keep original uncluttered look (my amp and woofers are nice but very visible behind seats)

Also you should be able to replace or have speakers replaced with removal of only the metal portion of door panel - since I have crossovers (controls mid vs tweet power) buried further in door I had to take off full door panel - not too too hard but more work than just removing the metal panel