Stock or aftermarket headers / exhaust ? | FerrariChat

Stock or aftermarket headers / exhaust ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by P_RSR, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi guys,

I have an 09 manual F430 coupe currently with stock factory headers and exhaust. I see a lot of people here change to the fabspeed or tubi inconel headers. Other than the obvious performance gains, what is the reason for this?

Does everyone who changes the headers also change their exhaust?

Trying to figure out what to do it anything.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    I did both. Capristo headers + blanket, Fabspeed O2 extender, factory sports exhaust upgrade (made by Tubi).

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you can do just headers - the oem ones crack. i have capristo headers and cap hiflow cats with stock mufflers. if i did them again id probably go tubi - capristo stuff makes the pitch higher which im not loving as time goes on

4. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Most of our clients end up going with just the headers first as pre-maintenance. Still I do recommend getting the exhaust at the same time so you can save on the labor/install if you plan on doing it in the future.

5. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I did Fabspeed headers with ceramic coating, O2 extenders and Capristo exhaust.
    No codes in almost 4 years and I love the sound, no drone, and it’s not too loud even with the top down until 7000 rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    The headers on the 430/360/355 are notorious for cracking. Most guys change them when they are going into do maintenance. The headers of course help with performance as well as sound.