That would be my dream 512TR! | FerrariChat

That would be my dream 512TR!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Sep 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

As I was getting my smog done at Ferrari today I saw this beautiful 512TR which made me drool and fall all over again with the TR family.
    I love my FF is is special but that 512TR or any Testarossa, specially the clean ones, are just unique.
    That red was vibrant, the car felt like new. At 250k I think they get 220-230k for it... I’d rather at that price get a 92 to which I put an upgraded diff for 150k but what a piece of art. I didn’t have my phone so I took the auto trader ones. Car looked exactly like the pics. Stunning. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoasta likes this.
  2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Looks awesome. I still have yet to see a 512tr in person but in pictures they just don’t have the sharpness of a TR. I’m sure the driving experience is very nice though.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  3. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Speaking from experience, having owned a 88.5 tr and now a 92 512tr, I have to say has the 512 is better. 1. much better interior( looks much more modern) 2. speaking from memory, the tr steering was very cumbersome at low speeds. The instant you are moving the 512 lightens up and is just delightful. Much better tires available (I have installed Michelin pilot sport 4S) More power is always good, and better brakes! For what its worth, my car is a euro model, and i actually looked for the euro model just because of the seat belts. That feature alone makes the car feel much more modern, those mouse belts suck! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Camelot, Babalouie, JLF and 1 other person like this.
  4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Anyone know the differences between the TR’s steering and the 512? I always thought it was the same

5. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Buy it!

6. Natkingcolebasket69

85k above budget at asking prices lol at least now I got the FF to play with.

Jay R likes this.
  7. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I thought FF were going for $155,000 plus depending on condition and year. You are the guy saying 512's are only worth $150K . Trade it on a 512 tr ! See what you are missing!!!!! LOL

BOKE likes this.
  8. Kaivalya Divekar

Sep 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kaivalya Divekar
    What website is this?

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Autotrader

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my buddy has an earlier TR. i have a 94 512tr. when we park our cars side by side the 512tr doesnt look as dated and it looks more complete, if that makes any sense. the 512tr has tremendous presence, not like a diablo or f40 but the room quiets down when it shows up.

ross, sherrillt, JPMD and 1 other person like this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    where do you value a 94 red/tan 98 or 99 point car with 8k miles today? full history, 3 owners etc....

12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sooner or later the 512tr will look dated too and at that time people will prefer pinninfarina’s original design intent: the Testarossa.

Just my opinion. That said, the performance of the 512tr is super nice but nothing some thoughtful mods to the TR cant replicate.

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

220 Id say

14. Natkingcolebasket69

BUT 512TR market is hard to read, less cars than the testarossa ; a dealer would ask 250 for ur car. Seems similar to the one I like... that being said it’s a niche but. I’d say 220k is a good sale price.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Better than the 82k i paid for it!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s for sure! U have a knack it seems to get the right deal at the right time! I’m sure profit might be éven greater on ur tdf and f40 ( which I believe u own)

17. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Like F-40 Brembo big brakes, 18” three piece HRE 547 wheels and a carbon fiber/tempered glass engine cover?!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s lovely and amazing if u intend to keep it which i assume u will

19. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    ...and is there a way to retro fit the TR with the 512s steering parts??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    From memory the majority of the change can be replicated with tires/correct tire pressure/wheels and steering wheel.

21. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
  22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    $1800 and installs with four nuts, wired light fits existing harness. Built with carbon fiber and tempered glass by Norwood.

I may sell the car — I have owned it for 20+ years and it needs to go to the next caretaker next year. I bought it from Bill Orr, former FCA Director and sales manager at Ferrari of Denver (it was his personal car). Belts due 2022; new tires and Bluetooth Radio/CD player. Built July 88 (89 model), less than 40k miles. All service records and original engine cover if you don’t like the glass.

23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    $1800 is a good deal for that cover in CF

88Testarossa likes this.
  24. Babalouie

Babalouie Rookie

Oct 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Kevin San
    I have a recollection that they reduced the scrub radius on the steering geometry. Which (very) broadly means that when you turn the wheel, the tire is closer to pivoting around a fixed point in the middle of the tire, rather than the whole tire going back and forth in a small arc. So Ezored's comments about 512TR being heavier at standstill but lighter on the move makes sense.

Auraraptor likes this.