memory thinkings | FerrariChat

memory thinkings

Discussion in 'F1' started by turbo-joe, Sep 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    since this year I watch the positive development from charles leclerc and he remembers me so much to gilles villeneuve 40 years ago. :)

someone thinks so also?

VPX likes this.
  2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    I too thought that

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It did at Monaco, not for the erst, at least the way he drives, Gilles was a lot more exuberant, Alesi was closer to him...but as a personality yes, Charles looks a bit shy, a bit of a kid, honest, nice person, that yes, reminds me of Gilles, but the driving (despite Charles being superb), apart from Monaco, no, Gilles was in a league of his own.

Bas likes this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Give him a little time Pedro, the way he stuck his elbows out and went hard into it, that was Gilles, and a bit more time, he has a natural speed and ability to dance on and slightly past the limit....

Bas likes this.
  5. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    seems to me that I've heard these things being said about so many drivers over the years. Charles is Charles, let him be Charles. Comparing to other drivers from F1's history is pointless and can only lead to disappointment.

william likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    yes, Charles is Charles, and i say this in a good way, because he does seem to combine traits from several great ones, but with he's own personality.
    That naive, inocent look out of the car, but super hard driver, always very cool but also crazy like going for it, and he looks very very smart, that move on Elton reminded me more about Michael ruthleness (of course Michael would have probably pushed Elton a bit further and stuck him on the wall :)).
    Charles also looks to have amazing car control, i guess we still have to see his first victory in the rain, because he lookd very fast in those conditions. I'm a super fan of his from f.2 days, i always said it was the right call to put him in Kimi's place, and he looks every bit as talented as Max...but a much fast learner...

daytona355, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Charles Leclerc is the transformative driver F-1 has needed since the retirement of Michael Schumacher.

His poise at such a young age, his ability to put the power down seemingly anywhere and his amazing passes
    (notably his pass on Magnussen at Sochi last year around the outside of the long left-hander) show he's got
    confidence in himself and his car.

Comparing Leclerc to other drivers is always good for conversation but as is pointed out, let him be Charles
    and he will be among the true greats when it's all said and done.

BHW