Alternative tires for 360 Challenge??? | FerrariChat

Alternative tires for 360 Challenge???

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by gbutler, Sep 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    i am currently running the stock factory set up on my 360 C - ie factory 18” BBS wheels with Pirelli p zero slicks, 235/645/18 up front and 305/680/18 in rear. The problem is that it’s getting very hard to find the front tires. Frisby tire is now the Pirelli race tire distributor for the US and they never seem to have this size in stock. Does anyone else who has experience with a 360 C have any recommendations? I would like to stick with slicks and not move towards an R compound tire. Has anyone ran the 245/645/18 P zero up front? If so, were there any clearance issues, etc?

2. Mr Turbo

Mr Turbo Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Sebastian, FL
    Full Name:
    Jim H.
    Years ago, Hoosier was the tire sponsor for the CCR series and seemed to work just fine on the 360 and 430 Challenge cars.
    Last year when we were up at Watkins Glen for the FCA Int'l Meet, we were running Yokohama slicks on our 360 CH (we were parked 2 or 3 cars down from you).
    Jim McGee would be a sure bet to consult for recommendations.
    Best,
    Jim H

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

In the past, I and a friend with a 360C both ran Yokohama’s. No problems. If it matters they were cheaper then Pirelli. Not sure about today’s pricing, or availability.

From my notes:
    Yokohama
    Front: 230/650-18, N2076
    Rear: 280/660-18, N2361

SoCal1 likes this.
  4. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Thanks for the replies, I will reach out to Jim at Pocono as well