412 trunk closure electro engine / contact switch | FerrariChat

412 trunk closure electro engine / contact switch

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Michael711, Sep 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael711

Michael711 Rookie

Aug 30, 2019
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael Schwarz
    Dear Farraristi!

Does anyone have datails on the little trunk electro engine / contact switch?
    Mine is not closing anymore, meaning I can close the trunk but the electro engine will not drag the last 4 cm to close perfectly.
    I assume its the switch, cause when I press the little plastic on the switch nothing happens, the engine is dead.
    Engine has number 2016080 39386 on it.
    Does anyone know a replacement switch ?
    Anyone an idea which fuse is responsible for the trunk engine?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    As mentioned in the other discussion, this looks like the "Cadillac Trunk Pull Down Motor" that was used in Fleetwood and Eldorado during the 80's. Last time I removed it from a Cadillac was in 1992 (so I could be wrong) but we were surprised to the similarity with the Ferrari one. Judging by the "google results", there are quite a few variants so you may have to look around until you find a perfect match.

Quite a few of them on this page : http://2-day-delivery.tripod.com/id1.html

The repair back then was pretty straight forward: all we had to do was to secure the bolts on the frame of the trunk as this is how the motor was grounded. if the 2 bolts were loose it would not work, just as simple as that!

Hope this helps.

Michael711 and Il Tifoso like this.
  3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Having worked at most US auto dealerships for 40 years as both technician and in the parts department, your photos are very familiar, I can tell you those are indeed GM parts used on many Caddy, Oldsmobile, Buick etc models thru the 80's.
    The small black square "flipper" switch kicks on the motor to draw down the lid, check/test the switch first, then connectors, then motor and yes, ground wires.
    The clear plastic housing was a very popular part when people who are not aware of the feature would SLAM the deck lid down and shatter the worm gear housing.
    A few years ago I gave away a Caddy shop manual to a friend who had just purchased an Allante.

Gary

dedo tanzi, Michael711 and Il Tifoso like this.
  4. Michael711

Michael711 Rookie

Aug 30, 2019
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael Schwarz
    You are a great help !!!
    Thanx a lot!
    So I'll start the quest ;) Will look it up on the weekend if I can get the pull down motor running again. OR at least define the source of the malfunctioning.

5. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Is this it ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Check PartsGeek.com or CarParts.com , (No Affiliation)...they have parts and complete units, check yours for any Part numbers , I am sure they have an email address. Pull down switch for $25, complete units for $250. They may even help you diagnose your problem.

Gary

dedo tanzi and Michael711 like this.
  6. Michael711

Michael711 Rookie

Aug 30, 2019
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael Schwarz
    Does anyone know which fuse / relais supplies the trunk pull down motor with power??