Taken Off Market - 1986 328 GTS Yellow/Brown | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 1986 328 GTS Yellow/Brown

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by philS, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    On Ebay now!

pilotoCS likes this.
  2. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Tried to get a more accurate recording of the sound .....

3. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Weekend price drop to $55,000 !!!

4. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    So much car for the money. A well-driven, freshly serviced 328 in the mid-50s, and there's still a couple of driving months left in the northeast this season. Can't beat that! Hope you get a local sale.

philS likes this.
  5. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    At this point I'm considering keeping it a while longer. I'm in no rush to sell. It's been a great car for several years!

desmomini, audi_328 and eyeman1234 like this.
  6. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    eBay ends tonight!

7. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    i really thought there would be more of a flurry at the finish. GLWS, it's a cool car and looks to have been well cared for.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d be interested to see how easy or hard it will be to sell an older Ferrari with miles. Glws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Uh huh. 2K miles a year is nothing. If it were a Posrsche it would be a low mileage car.

How many miles do you think it should have???

Very nice car that will give someone a lot of enjoyment for a long time.

G. Pepper and eyeman1234 like this.
  10. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Thanks gentlemen .... I didn't get a ton of traction on eBay but then again it's not always the best avenue. I have a few offers now outside of eBay so we'll see how that goes. It has the same mileage as my 4-year old daily driver. I'm hoping it goes to an enthusiast who will enjoy it like I have. Whenever I drive it, I'm never thinking "wow this has high mileage" ..... more like "wow I can't believe the engine and body are in excellent condition like this for car that's over 30 years old" :)

11. Natkingcolebasket69

For a Ferrari that’s the first thing ppl check. First thing is miles. Not even going to discuss this. It’s not a Porsche it’s a Ferrari. My testarossa has 24k miles and 88 , passed 40k miles interest or the pool of ppl you interest drops significantly.

12. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Which makes it an excellent opportunity for people not caught up in the myth of high miles.

Anybody that wan't born yesterday knows that regular use and regular maintenance is much superior to low miles.

f1lupo, 19633500GT, BOKE and 2 others like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t disagree but the point is miles make a resale a bit harder. I got 35 on my FF and at 40k she is gone bc of that

14. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Agreed! Obviously some buyers are happy with a higher-mileage car that is well sorted, in excellent shape and driven regularly. Check out some of the other examples for sale with over 60K and you'll see this 328 can go head-to-head with others that have half the mileage.

BOKE likes this.
  15. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    If you check out the high-mileage 328s on eBay right now, you can see some obvious signs of wear that are not present on this 328. It's certainly not a 20,000 mile garage queen but when parked next to other 328s at shows, which have 1/3 of the mileage, you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

BOKE likes this.
  16. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    You may believe you're being assiduous, but you are coming off pedantic.

@philS has a very nice car, that is well sorted and documented. He did an excellent job of presenting it, and has been forthright and answered all questions promptly.

Miles are NOT the first thing anyone knowledgeable looks at, miles are the last. An honest well-sorted car with documented miles is ALWAYS more desirable than a low mileage car than is in need of love.

philS likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Miles and maintenance are the first thing anyone look at. Color combo and ownership history come very close too.Let’s agree to disagree.
    At the end of the day car is not sold; I sold/help facilit 3 on fchats so I experienced it first hand.
    On eBay the low offers were ridiculous, at least here u get good exposure.

18. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Shamille has just advertised a superb TR that happens to have > 70,000 miles. He is well known here and the car has an excellent history but the mileage is one thing you can't change. I would agree that most people LOOK at the mileage but it's not the first thing for everyone. Sure you're going to get a certain % that will never even look because of the mileage, but anyone who takes a further look will be pleasantly surprised. The car is tentatively sold but I will refrain from marking it sold here until the paperwork is done. In the end I got less than I expected at the outset but the market is what it is, and I'm happy that it is going to an enthusiast who has a long history of Ferrari and Lambo ownership, and who intends to drive it and enjoy it like it should be!

BOKE likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

We know shamile very well on the TR side and we all suggested to him that fchat was the best place for his for sure.
    Congrats on ur sale!
    Again I’m not saying ur car is not worth every penny u asked for, but sadly, that’s what the Ferrari crew look at. Selling a Ferrari can be a pain in the butt. Buyers often want joy rides or have at times unrealistic expectations.
    Ur car looks amazing and I’m glad u sold it or close!

20. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Thank you, that is much appreciated. I am not a salesperson by nature and it's certainly not my strong suit so I don't enjoy this process. It's hard to find comps because almost everything on the market is sub 30,000 miles. And when you do see something with 60,000 miles or more you tend to see paint issues, seats with tears, rust etc. I did get some lowball offers on eBay but I imagine that happens all the time. I searched eBay for completed listings (actual sales) and the lowest one I could find from recent history is actually back on eBay at the moment (with a markup of course).

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Back on market, due to buyer being AWOL.

22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    You have a great car!!! I can't believe it has been grabbed yet. Flakey buyers, trolls, and tire kickers really suck.:eek:

GLWS;)

philS likes this.
  23. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice car & nice price, hold out for a nice buyer/sale. It will come, just not quick.

philS likes this.
  24. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Labor Day Update: asking $55,000 but open to offers!

25. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Final price drop -- on eBay now at $49.500 :eek:

If it doesn't sell at this price I'm keeping it.

If you're looking for a first Ferrari, this is your chance to get a 328 in excellent condition with no needs other than a new home.

BOKE likes this.