Wanted - 575 SuperAmerica Roof Roof | FerrariChat

Wanted 575 SuperAmerica Roof Roof

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by RedRacer, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Looking for a 575 SuperAmerica Roof, new condition or used (no cracks).

57garagebos and SAFE4NOW like this.
  2. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My dealer told me they were going to manufacture like 30 new ones? Not sure when. Have you checked with your local dealer or better maybe Eurospares to see if it's happened or happening?

3. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a used one. It has some delimitation so we replaced it for I believe 60k+ a few years back. The price for the roof is insane, and I was told that they weren't able to source another new roof the car that came in after mine. Let me know if you're interested. It is currently in the wooden crate that the new roof came in. I haven't taken it out and don't have any pics. Happy to do so if you are interested though. Open to offers.

4. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Thanks. For a slightly delaminated roof I would pay $7,500 plus shipping. A picture would be great. I am receiving quotes for new ones as well.

5. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Thanks. For a slightly delaminated roof I would pay $7,500 plus shipping. A picture would be great. I am receiving quotes for new ones as well.

Ryan S. likes this.
  6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    You wouldn't be the new owner of the one we saw in Monterey with a damaged roof??

7. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am away at the moment but will be back in 2 weeks. I can open it up and get photos then.

8. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    I have one, top glass is cracked, back glass is perfect. I did read your post and you said no cracks, however I would like this thing out of my garage. Parts maybe?.

MD Russell
    Houston, TX

vraa likes this.
  9. DEPZ

DEPZ Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 4, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lagrue
    The roof is available from Ferrari as of a month ago for around 90K I believe was the quote. GL

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

StartedFromTheBottom likes this.
  10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There are three SAs here at Towbin for service. Call and ask Rich what they are doing for the roofs, at least one needed repair or replacement AFAIK.

I also heard $90k...

11. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Still looking. One roof option turned out to have a crack unfortunately. Saw one for $80,000 and I am negotiating for a better price. Still would consider buying one with delamination issues but no cracks.

12. DEPZ

DEPZ Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 4, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lagrue
    I recommend waiting it out and buying a good no issue top. Resale on these beautiful cars get hurt bad when trying to sell and it will cost you the difference ++ $$

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. barryclassic

barryclassic Rookie

Aug 26, 2019
    McLain, Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Barry Crawford
    Still need the 575 SuperAmerica Roof? A local dealer here in MS has one for sale in excellent condition, no cracks. Send me a pm

14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    You have PM sir,

Steve

15. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Still Searching for a delaminated roof (no cracks). Willing to pay $7,500.

16. iammclovin1

iammclovin1 Rookie

Oct 29, 2013

Do you still have roof? I am looking for either the glass (cracked is fine) or the roof assembly or both.

My roof is still in great condition but if I can get a core I was going to have an automotive glass shop build a mold for me and then would be able to have aftermarket glass made for anyone that needs one. Also I was going to have made a carbon fiber replacement piece also so people have an option. The inside could be bare carbon or any number of materials could be applied. Not looking to make money on the deal just get something made so others can contact the glass shop or carbon shop and order a replacement. I haven’t found a shop that is willing to do the electrochromic function but who really cares. Just have it tinted to your liking. Thanks

17. iammclovin1

iammclovin1 Rookie

Oct 29, 2013

18. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Don’t have any parts left but reach out to Scott Marsh at Ferrari Beverly Hills service. (310) 481-0190

19. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I still have my roof. Located in NY. Slight delimitation. Open to offers. Thanks

Ryan S. likes this.
  20. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I have Mathew's old roof. I wouldn't want to sell it as I do really like looking at it but if anyone is in the Austin Texas area and needs it for a mold I don't mind helping with that. Not sure I want to deal with shipping as it is kind of a pain to move/package. ***it is cracked and has lamination issue but still very cool to look at to me.

Marcopolo3382 likes this.
  21. TomFPC

TomFPC Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    Thomas Bentivegna
    If anyone is interested there is a replacement roof on ebay right now.

Ryan S. likes this.
  22. msny1117

msny1117 Rookie

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Snyder
    I am about to purchase a SA with about 17K miles. Seller says glass was replaced in '14 and motors in '19. The pictures look great but the seal in the back shows about 4 waves on each side. Seller is saying this is normal and due to the softness and plyability of the rubber seal. Is that correct? Is there anyway to fix it? ? Any suggestions? thanks. also has anyone actually obtained a cf replacement?

thanks

23. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Many threads about this. Proceed with caution or budget $60k for the new roof.

24. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I was quoted £65,000 just for the roof from Ferrari a couple of months ago, with fitting and tax more like $90,000 USD

Ryan S. likes this.