Mexico City hotel recommendations | FerrariChat

Mexico City hotel recommendations

Discussion in 'F1' started by scudF1, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I’m planning on going to Mexico for the Grand Prix at the end of October. Any hotel recommendations?

2. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    The track is close to the airport but no good hotels closeby.

Stay in Polanco area, Presidente Intercon, Hyatt, JW Marriott or W are good options. All on the same street and walking distance to good restaurants.

ridege55 likes this.
  3. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004

I've stayed at Camino Real across from the airport, it's not bad at all, so I don't know why you're saying there are no good hotels closeby. Unless you're trying to stay at some posh 5 star hotel, then yeah, i guess you can stay in Polanco or Condesa.

And yes, the track is only 4 miles from the airport, so you can take an Uber there.

4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Agree that you need to stay in Polanco area, I have an office there and never stay anywhere else. Safe, secure, and great area for food, shopping, and night life. I was there last year for a business trip, and always stay at the InterContinental. Ferrari team also stayed there. Great hotel and very secure.

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Thank you guys.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fully agreed.

We stayed at the Camino Real and it was good. And super convenient to go to the race.

And if you are lucky you get to see the track from above on final approach.

7. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #7 fluque, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    If you only need a room and want to be close to the track, sure try Camino Real or NH at T2.

Polanco has great hotels at good rates and is a much better experience that I would not consider staying at the airport. F1 teams stay in Polanco.