Radio Harness Adaptor? | FerrariChat

Radio Harness Adaptor?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Auraraptor, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I am in the process of finalizing a deal on a 512TR with an Alpine radio setup (fingers crossed).

I would like to convert it to a Bekker Ferrari Factory radio (as those found in many later 90s Ferraris) instead.

I would imagine I would need a harness adapter of some form? Any guidance on where I may find such a harness is much appreciated

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    First of all you need to know what the wiring is like into the back of the Alpine - if it is old there may be no adapter so you'll need to patch into a Becker style block - if there is an adapter into the back of the Alpine you may be lucky and get an Alpine-to-Becker converter but you'll probably end up having to cut and splice - the Becker block is fairly easy to get off Ebay then the wiring diagram is in the back of the Becker manual or online - you'll find in the 355 section old threads covering much of this in far more detail

tfos750 likes this.
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Becker harness is a "blaupunkt" harness. check on eBay. They probably also have alpine adaptors as well..

4. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    You might call Mike at Scuderia Audio; he's an extremely knowledgeable and personable guy, and helped me greatly when I converted the stock Ferrari Becker head unit and stock speakers lately. I believe most of his experience relates more to 360 and 430, but he still may have helpful advice.

Auraraptor likes this.