F1 service? | FerrariChat

F1 service?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bocaf430, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I had bought my 2005 F1 F430 about 4 years ago, I have yet to have the fluid changed on F1 done, years back some members were saying don't mess with it if all is good, I have been reading more up to date posts that maybe it should be serviced every 3 years? I use an independent shop... what do you guys suggest?
    Thanks

2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I would suggest doing a full fluid flush every 2-3 years. Oil and brake fluid should be done every year. If you have a good independent it’s not that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    both my trusty independents suggest 5 yrs. if you were doing 12k miles a year i cld see doing every 2. at 2 or 3k miles a year id go every 5

4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I don't drive it much I maybe put 1000 miles on it in 4 years

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  6. FantasiaForest

Feb 22, 2019
    Jacksonville Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe C Rudkin Ii
    How hard is it to change the fluid without a Leonardo system? From my understanding there is a setting you go to in the software to do a flush. Instead can this just be done by opening the bleed valve and activating the pump?

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    To do it 100% you need the scan tool, and you must remove the actuator from the gearbox to gain access to the bleed ports. It's a bit of a job.

Or, you could use a Turkey baster, suck out as much of the old fluid as possible from the reservoir, top up with new, drive the car a few hundred miles, and do it again, and repeat a couple more times..

Flea7 and FantasiaForest like this.
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    My techs do that once a year (turkey baster) and then a full change, bleed, self test, etc, every 3 years.

FantasiaForest likes this.