355 - F355 25th Anniversary | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 F355 25th Anniversary

Discussion in '348/355' started by PaulK, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Progress is progress, a little slow currently. I did receive a list of people in the area whom have F355s and just emailed them all. We will see what develops.

I also reached out to the artist who does the RADwood artwork. If his price is reasonable perhaps we can make a run of posters to commemorate this amazing sex machine's birthday?

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ive been out of the country. Have not heard back from FCA or FNA.

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So far in addition to me, I have 7 people confirmed they want to do something. I have three that are a maybe.

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    OK. I am back from vacation and able to look into this further. I heard back from both FCA and Ferrari NA. Ferrari NA is "willing" to do something and is asking what assistance we would want. I suspect whatever they do would be rather limited and not include any funding.

That being known, what do we want to try to organize? I can try for some gathering in the LA area. Who else wants to try something regional? I think it would be best if we can coordinate something on the same day across the country.

Our local FCA calendar has a lot of events in September and October so we will need to piece it in somewhere. Right now I know that the following Saturdays our out for us here:
    Sept 21, Sept 28, October 5 & Oct 12. I'll have a better look at our board meeting this coming Saturday.

Please keep in mind that this isn't an FCA event. I just need to work with our local calendar to increase participation. I'm thinking just a simple drive in somewhere. It could even be part of a larger existing drive in type "cars and coffee event". Here we already have Ferrari Dealer sponsored "cars and coffee" on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of each month that I could possibly tap into.

Thoughts?

5. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I like the tap into an already Ferrari event. That would save a ton of work for us, er, you. I’d just add a pre-event meeting location so we can arrive (hopefully) in Mass. Maybe, have a post event lunch & or drive?

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I would make the drive in to L.A. from the Phoenix area. Would depend on the weekend. I’m booked up solid until December - which is a bit limiting for me. I’m not sure what dates are critical to the actual anniversary. Might be able to talk a few other 355 owners to go with me.

Robb

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    "Raduno di Cavalli" is "Gathering of Horses" in Italian (according to Google). I'll have some potential dates for Southern California on Saturday. Since we really don't have a winter we have a much longer driving season to work with. Im trying to be considerate of the weather in other parts of the country but i need to work around a rather full weekend schedule here.

8. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Depending on a variety of factors, I’ll attempt to make it for a SoCal meet.

9. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I'm down to meet up in SoCal!

10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am working on an event up here in MI. May I ask, whom are you speaking to at Ferrari NA? Do you mind either PM'ing me their contact info or sending my contact info to them please?
    Also if you need help with the Cali event, I'd be honored to help!

11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Now where did I park?

Or, why I didn't by a red 355. :)

[​IMG]

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    PM Sent

PaulK likes this.
  13. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Paul,

PM'd you with my email.

PaulK likes this.
  14. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks! PMs replied to. We're working on it!

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Still working on this but tough to reach anyone this week. It seems like everyone (except me) is up in Monterrey at Car Week. I will not be able to reach anyone until next week sometime.

16. fullmonty

fullmonty Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2007
    LALAland
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I would love to attend the so. cal event.

17. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    "TrojanFan, post: 146766710

Out of office auto reply: Sorry, I’m in Monterey, I’ll get back to you next week.

18. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    OK, for the Southern California 355 owners (or those who want to drive in), I was finally able to connect with Ferrari Westlake. We will be having the 355 Anniversary gathering as part of their scheduled "Cars and Coffee" on November 10th. 2nd Sunday of the month. The will have a section reserved for the 355's. I'll post more details after I speak with them later this week.

Do we just want to make this a photo opp and see how many 355's we can gather? Do we want to make it a drive afterwards? Meet up for brunch? What sounds like a good idea?

19. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  20. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My bad. I just spoke with Ferrari Westlake and I didn't realize that their "cars & coffee" had been moved to the 3rd Sunday of the month. That means that the 355 gathering will be November 17th in Thousand Oaks - NOT the 10th. The specific details are still being worked on but mark your calendar and plan to bring your 355. Let's see if we can get more there than they did in Japan. As the details develop, I will post here and on the Southern California page. There will also be an email sent out through the FCA-SW database and Ferrari Westlake will publicize as well. PM me if you want to be on a specific Email list in addition to the notices that will be going out.

I understand that November 17th is late for most of the rest of the Country to do something on the same day. Is anyone else planning something or already held a gathering? I'm letting Ferrari NA know our date here.

21. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bumping the November 17th 355 gathering in the Los Angeles area. It is set for the Ferrari Westlake's monthly "Cars and Coffee" event. They will have an area set aside for the 355's. Anyone planning to show up?