375+ # 0384 | Page 165 | FerrariChat

375+ # 0384

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tongascrew, Jul 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    It largely consists of major parts from that car? Based on what exactly? The photos of the rusted mess speak for themselves. I doubt much of the chassis or engine is with the new car posing as 0384 as many of the actual bits sit in a container, unusable, beyond saving. The body isn't original, the wheels and drums aren't, the suspension, the interior, the fuel cell and on and on.

I asked around the time of the auction for those who have been hands on with the car to even guestimate how much of that engine or chassis is actually original. There was tumbleweeds. No photos of the 'restoration' of those parts at all. Again, the years of mud, rain, sun, snow etc, to those parts cannot be undone at any 'restoration' no matter the hype. Parts reach a point at which they become unsafe, compromised and unusable.

I hope the new owner enjoys the new car that was built but the real car is long gone due to neglect.

2. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Scumbags will be scumbags: is there a TalbotChat forum somewhere? :D

TTR likes this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  4. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    showme1946 and readplays like this.
  5. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    There we no saints involved with this car anywhere along the line, starting with the man who made it.

6. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    And you actually believe anything Joe says? ;-)

Debc, WilyB, showme1946 and 2 others like this.
  7. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Sure wouldn't, but would you believe the guy who claimed it was #0394AM for a decade and tried to settle the theft despite claiming not to know if was stolen or the Swiss dealer or really anyone involved in the sorry affair. Even Lesley Wexner is getting plenty of bad publicity, so as DWR46 said, no saints in any of this.

8. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Well...presumably the author and editors did at least some due diligence (i.e., fact checking). And...running with that assumption, the article does somewhat absolve Ocean Joe and serves to indict Gardner. Reading between the lines, my take is that the case of 0384 was not based on actual facts and justice was probably not served.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  9. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    It seems Gardner may finally be getting his due. We'll see what happens with OJ.
    I have to say that while the esteemed Judge in the British courts had a very impressive resume, he clearly made some assumptions that were in error and as such I'm inclined to agree with your conclusion that justice was probably not served.
    I read through the entire proceeding at the time it was published here and was gobsmacked at his basis for the ruling. At the time this thread had become quite political so I left it lay. I've made some good friends here on both sides of the pond so I'm not looking to re-litigate it. That said, this saga has been a hell of a soap opera. Cheers lads.

showme1946 and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  10. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Totally agree. Don't you miss Mbzgirl and all the cast of hundreds that seemed to follow Chris and OJ, some were hilarious.

Seriously though, its a lesson to anyone involved with commercial contract law, always ensure the type of mediation is appropriate and favourable should one party breech and enough provisions are giving for how it should be judged that one party or another is in breach. IF the contract had of said litigation through Ohio exclusively and been binding then we may well have witnessed a totally different result.

readplays likes this.
  11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    what was the final result?
    seems a lot of people were switching teams.

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  13. disturbed67

disturbed67 Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    Midwest
    Stunning car regardless or what peoples opinions are of it. I would drive the hell out of it!

14. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Well - I'm sorry - but I actually sat through the whole court case in UK and justice was well served. Joe came over as a complete charlatan.

Debc likes this.
  15. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I don't disagree with you about Joe but I think he and Gardner were a sideshow compared to the history of JS's involvement and the judge's willingness to 'believe a gentleman' in spite of facts to the contrary. But as I mentioned, I don't wish to re-litigate it, I just see it differently having been around and involved on the Cincinnati end. Regards.

375+ likes this.
  16. IXLR84FUN

IXLR84FUN Rookie

Apr 10, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ralph Conner
    Here in Ohio , the 375 plus circus tent is still spinning with the Joe Ford - detective - lawyer - car expert and now bankrupt treasure hunter owing millions to a lot of people . I only remind our Ferrari lovers that he decimated a true legend , Jacques Swaters . He tried for years to put Swaters in bad light, it was only London that saw the truth. The Esquire article paints the right picture - a hustler and a con man - at it again from south Florida.

Debc and showme1946 like this.
  17. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    As JS was no longer with us by the time of the court case I find it astonishing that you cling to the belief that the judge"believed" what he was unable to give in evidence. The judge came to a conclusion based on the facts presented to him in court - and JS was not there. Others gave good evidence.However Joe's evidence was to say the least "flimsy".

Debc and showme1946 like this.
  18. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    You miss my point. I don't think we're going to agree on any of this Francis so I'm letting it go. Have a good weekend.

19. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I’ve done enough trial research in my lifetime to know that “flimsy evidence” is not the same as ‘guilty’...and that for many varying reasons, justice is often far more elusive than we would like to believe...often in spite of appearances.

readplays likes this.
  20. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    That's a really well done copy of 0384 which largely sits in crates as a rusted out mess.

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I've seen this car in several photos throughout Monterey car week but virtually none of them reference it by chassis number.

22. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Just stumbled onto this, actually, years of seeing this tittle, growing older, but would always throw the towel.

Would someone so kindly (if possible), tell me the outcome, if there is one, as really don't have the time to read this whole book, Netflix, is easier :),
    as I suppose that 13 years in writing this screenplay, tops the charts...so is it quasi over, or is it a 'soap' that started on radio, then to TV?
    Can it be resumed in just a couple of sentences, or a link to same?

Regards, Alberto

Nembo1777 likes this.
  23. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Bellissima!
    My last post on this thread.