What about this flared 365 Gt4 2+2? | FerrariChat

What about this flared 365 Gt4 2+2?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by amenasce, Aug 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Jack-the-lad likes this.
  2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Minus the red, it’s right up my alley! The rears look like the widened center lock wheels used by Daytona’s and 512 BB’s... looks very cool and please post more pics if you find them. Surprised it’s taken this long for such a unique looking 365 to end up in this forum!

3. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    One comment on 512 BB wheels. A FCA friend of mine owned one for a year or two. Yes, the rear wheels were an 1" (??) wider than the fronts but front and rears used the same TRX tires as ours! And those tires looked a bit 'stretched onto the rear wheels. So it would be interesting what tires are on this car. Hopefully a non-metric wheel and tire if performance was the intent.
    Ken

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Ken,

Just a heads up...The 512BB (Carb) rims (knockoff style) )are 7.5" x15 in front and 9" x 15" in the back and had Michelen XWX tires fitted. The front wheel/tire combo was the same as used on the 365 Gt4 2+2 (knockoffs) and then later the wheel migrated to 5-lug, but used the same tire and size until finally metric rims with TRX tires were used thereafter. The injected Boxers (BBi) always had metric knockoff rims with TRX tires.

Cheers,

Sam

5. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Long time Ferrari owner in Sydney.

6. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Guess my friend had a later FI car. Ken

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Does the owner ever post in this forum? Does anyone else have any pics or links with more info? In a sea of mostly stock-looking/remaining cars, this one sticks out and surprised I hadn’t seen it before?

8. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Here's what a 365GTC/4 looks like when you match the rear wheel openings to the fronts. The rears have not been extended / flared, I just matched them to the roundness fronts using stock tires and wheels front and rear. If you compare the new openings to a picture of a stock side view, the new opening get rid of the hump back appearance of the car that created the El Gabone (humpback whale) nick name given to the 365GTC/4s.

Chuck
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

raemin likes this.
  9. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    The modification on the 365GTC/4 is subtle but really nice, the GT4 by contrast is quite muscular. That's a very biased opinion but somehow Ferrari addressed the issue more gracefully with the TRX upgrade.