Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev! | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360trev, Sep 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Trev, Been following this thread for a year, can you please estimate when you might release this piece of magic!

tifosi101 likes this.
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Currently doing some work to get F430 up to parity with 360 features set but it's not far off now. Already working so well now and many early adopters very happy with the first release they've had. 100% success rate.

.. I will get the DIY version completed next and then we can go to the next phase..

3. Masteryoda

Masteryoda Rookie

Jun 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lothar Schmid
    Trev that sounds great. I did some successful first steps with the beta version of your tool on my 360 - I love it - and would be as well interested in doing a exhaust flap mod for a 430 of a very good friend of mine. Would the actual beta work as well for the 430?

All, I'm looking for the correct pin-out for the 430 ECU to bring it into boot mode. Any advice would be highly welcome.

4. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    I’m interested in beta testing. I’ve got a full cat less system 360 and my own shop.

5. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    I got my Battery Monitor and it works very well.
    No current consumption when App is not connected (Bluetooth connection).
    Very useful for easy monitoring.
    Thank you @360trev ! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my Redmi 3S using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Mel Spillman and G. Pepper like this.
  7. Bremith

Bremith Rookie

Sep 13, 2019
    Hi Trev, great stuff, looking to get a 360 so this addresses a bunch of the issues noted in buying guides, any update on progress?
    PS also love your F1 to manual thread. Great to know that’s an option, and not a crazy one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Any updates? I've got a pair sitting on my bench just waiting to be sent in to get done.

9. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France

Update :cool:
    Thanks to @360trev and @MaseEngineering I have already checked many points on my engine.
    Now I try to understand what happens into my ECU that explains why I don't have "full power". Or maybe it is the case for all the 360 production ?!
    Yesterday, It was a beautiful but cold day, I did a power measurement with my phone App PerfectPower and simultaneously a OBD live data measurement thanks to my laptop connected to OBD port by USB adapter (to avoid risk a low rate with bluetooth connection).
    I chose four Live data offered by my OBD software :
    • Ignition Timing Advance for #1 Cylinder
    • Calculated Load Value
    • Engine RPM
    • Vehicle Speed
    Power result is better than this summer with 340 wheel horse power at 8000 rpm (effect of new battery ? or coldest day ? or poor App ?!!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

About recorded data, I made the same run twice and results are identical which is good point from the point of view of repeatability of results:

So if I interpret well the graph below, at high RPM my timing advance is not voluntary decreased by ECU.
    But my calculated load does not exceed 80% !

That means my engine power is curbed :eek:
    Why is this value not higher than 80% ??
    Is there a MAP that voluntary limits the power/torque ?
    If yes, what are the parameters which influence the calculation of the power/torque delivered ?
    Otherwise, may I have a sensor problem like knock sensors ? Or MAF sensors ?

In all case, it is still very interesting to understand what happens when you press the accelerator pedal down !

philfrench likes this.
  10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    There is something wrong about your logged data as the engine max rpm is limited to 8600 with a +/- of 50rpm so 8550 to 8650.. So you will not exceed this with stock maps unless its been tuned.

Furthermore the setup of your cam timing needs to be absolutely perfect to ensure highest performance. Its the difference between a human hair in timing the loss of 40hp!

There are indeed torque limits imposed in the mapping and also significant delays in both applications of torque and application of load from your throttle pedal. I wasn't happy with the basic calibrations Bosch allowed in this regard so I actually patched the code.

tifosi101 likes this.
  11. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    @360trev Is it ready for public consumption? I would like to get mine done before I put my car back together.
    Thanks
    Bill

12. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Thank you for your reply @360trev :cool:
    So may I consider my torque limitation as normal?
    I mean if I do the same test with another 360 I will find the same result?

I am very surprised to read this information in the workshop manual of the 360:
    You have read inside the core of the 360 ECU, do you agree with this 7240 rpm for the "real" red line??

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Typo.. Mistake it's 8600 rpm. Verified. Across all road going 360s including CS. Its 9500 on Challenge cars BTW but they have a lot more power than Ferrari would have you believe... They downplayed it a lot.

tifosi101 likes this.
  14. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    phew! I feel better thanks ! :rolleyes:

15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just a quick update.

Finally after 10+ years of tracking 360s with impossible to fix cold start misfires I've finally spent the time working in conjunction with AV Engineering to undertake fixing the issue.

Firstly the a number of test cars with the issue where fully stripped of all parts known to cause cold start problem, everything from fuel injectors, fuel pressure, AFMs, TBs, basically all the sensors and actuators from known working sources where used yet from stone cold the engines would still produce phantom misfires. Even used bore scope to view inside to check for signs of coolant, nothing.

On to the eucs. After doing extensive data logging and several attempts I'm delighted to report we've developed new cold start calibration data which completely resolves the issues! Whoop! I know a lot of 360 owners who've never truely been able to resolve this will be happy! If you want the update get in touch with AV Engineering for more information.

billy.gif, becir1, sierra055 and 11 others like this.
  16. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    Could this be patched in with the Strad software upgrade ?

Ive not had any miss fires yet but would be worth doing as a preventative if i'm going to be sending my ECU's to AV anyway.

360trev likes this.
  17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes it's an option you can choose to enable or not.

tifosi101 likes this.
  18. Benwat

Benwat Rookie

Mar 5, 2015
    London
    So I just wanted to write a quick review of the work AV engineering and 360Trev have done.

It’s witchcraft.

Had my 360 in to AV engineering for a cam service, cams timed and 360trev’s mapping. It’s unbelievable.

The cars torque is completely linear, all the dead patches have gone. Hadn’t realised how much I was driving around these issues. Throttle response and pick up from the engine is fabulous. Feels genuinely like a new car. I haven’t had a chance to drive properly in anger but had to put the car in sports mode as in comfort the ASR kept kicking in (tyres are pretty shagged).

Huge thank you to the AV team and for 360Trev and all the hard work!

19. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Thank you for feedback @Benwat :cool:
    It is important to say when things go well ! Not only when do not go well... ;)
    I'm really looking forward to having the same on my 360 !
    Forza @360trev !

20. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
  21. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    If he would quit having tea with the Queen he could get his program into distribution!

one4torque and Toonfosi like this.
  22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Hard man to give my $$ too! Oh trev are you out there???? Does he no longer accept currency from the colonies?

23. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Trev, are you working with any shops in the USA to adjust timing and mapping?

recoil likes this.
  24. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hello Trev,
    Great work! I too have been following this thread.
    I'm ready and waiting when you are! TIA :cool: Just say the word.