PPI for F12 in Dallas? | FerrariChat

PPI for F12 in Dallas?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Poseur, Aug 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    I’m looking at an F12 at Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano, TX, and need recommendations for an Indy ship to do a PPI on it.

Thanks in advance!

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Ask them for a new power warranty inspection report or an inspection for extending the existing warranty if eligible. That report will detail all corrections needed to put the car into spec for Ferrari. If they ar offering the NPW they will have this report already.

What year?

3. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016

I’m planning to include the warranty in the purchase.

4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Right. New power? Ask Steve or Nanzanin for the inspection report they did when the car was taken in.

Are you local? As in will you service the car there? Thing is there is very little they will take and and try to get by on these cars once they meet warranty spec. Otherwise they would auction them.

Lastly many PPI fail to disclose anything substantial that helps the buyer from reputable dealers.

Which one are you looking at?

Scott

5. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    Thanks for all the info. This one; 2014 Rosso Mugello over Cuoio, nice spec.
    https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/US/search/2014/ferrari/f12berlinetta/2014_ferrari_f12berlinetta-boardwalk_ferrari-ZFF74UFA7E0201798

I’m near San Francisco. Maintenance will be done at Silicon Valley Ferrari, and then Indy shop after that, so bringing the car back to Boardwalk is unlikely. I have the intake inspection. There was an issue with the selector wheels for the accessory controls, they updated software and fixed it. The A pillar trim was wrinkled, so that is being repaired. They are currently selling without warranty, but I plan to negotiate that.

6. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I used Norwood Auto Italia a few years ago for a PPI on my 458, I believe it's a good report with pictures. Be ready with your questions so they can take a closer look in certain areas

7. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Norwood Auto Italia seems hard to reach. I called them several times last year but couldn't reach anyone. I finally left a message and still no one returned my call.

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Amazing spec. Love the color and the alcantara lower dash. Just enough carbon. I cannot believe how inexpensive the F12 is at this point. Congrats. That f12 is a keeper.

My experience with boardwalk was perfect fwiw. GLWP.

Scott