Testarossa Price Trends | Page 121 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I think high bid on the gold one will be $130K and they should probably take it. What do you think?

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think so too.
    My point is BaT is getting popular and all kinds of cars are on it: low miles; high miles; serviced or not and it’s getting to the point that now it’s representative of the market and cars out there.
    IMO ...it’s going to be harder for private parties that need to sell to keep unrealistic prices.
    Sellers seem happy to get what BAT gives them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixcarbs likes this.
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    market is weird its up and its down will see what monterey sales are this week end

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Didn’t start well...110k réservé no met.
    I know u like to see things a certain way but the market is represented by all sales: private, bat, high end auction, bat etc... and overall u can only admit that it’s flat... let’s not forget though for most ppl 100k for a 30
    Year old car is not CHEAP!

EZORED and blkdiablo33 like this.
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i agree market is flat lots of buzz recesssion etc comming.the gold tr on bat shouldbe in montery to be sold, love the color and the miles.i want to buy another ferrari but im gonna wait till end of the year or beggining and see what happens

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    love the gold tr

7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I havent seen many TR’s in my car week feeds, probably a good thing right now

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  8. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    What version/year of Testarossa/TR/M will hold the best value over time?
    Most of us are crazy about the car but younger people probably not so much.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

512m>512tr>flying mirror>the rest

Jonkheer, EZORED and Shamile like this.
  10. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Which ever one you like the best is the right answer.

Jonkheer and Gary Sandberg like this.
  11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    and afford

12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    512m>512tr>flying mirror>monodado>the rest

Jonkheer likes this.
  13. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Yet funny that some younger people do appreciate the car. When I did the Okanagan dream rally, I had a young boy of about 9 or 10 yell out to me: "Is that a Testarossa?". My co-pilot of 14, said he had been hoping for a ride in a Testarossa. Fellow of about 35 - 40 said he would trade his 458 Italia straight-across for a Testarossa. Others in our age group had said they wanted to buy a Testarossa (one has a F355, the other a F430).

The problem is that I think the community has somewhat shot itself in the foot with the scary-monster stories of differentials blowing up and horrendously expensive and too frequent engine-out services. To tell the truth, after I bought my Testarossa and joined this site, I started to question myself as to what the heck I had done and how much additional it was going to cost me.

So, the car has a reputation of being expensive and tempermental, styling preferences not withstanding. So, a new Ferrari with warranty vs a car with the aforementioned reputation - which would you choose?

raysur and Jonkheer like this.
  14. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    This is true. But here’s the thing: it doesnt have to be this way. I service mine on my own. I didn’t perform my first major but will from now on. And if you have a tech who isnt an idiot, he could too. This forum and its how-to’s is a wonderful thing to protect the value of our cars.

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Not sure about the single nut...Like the looks but plenty of horror stories with those wheels reported on the forum;)

16. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I agree with you. I "wrench" on my own cars and have done a number of engine re-builds. The challenge still is to convince the vast majority that this is possible.
    Ferrari also dosn't help. My friend with the F430 is hesitant to change his own oil, because it is a Ferrari. That becomes the connundrum.

xplodee likes this.
  17. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Then whats the point of placing a monspecchio above anything else? It too has single lugs.

All takes to avoid an issue is torquing your wheels. The horror stories are from people with no wrenching skills and idiotic shops. Besides- I’ve been here two years and havent seen one horror story. Lets not forget the 288 GTO has the same setup, isn't hurting their value!

The looks are unbeatable.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

The single mirror duh!

Use the search function there are quite a few I assure u.

Looks are personal tastes I don’t see why the single nut would be worth more than a 88.5.

A single mirror yes, i think that’s the same but happy equally if u feel the 87 are nicer;)

19. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    So the 512TR holds its value better then the Testarossa?
    That surprises me a bit because the before the bubble burst the earlier Testarossa brought more value difference than the 512 TR.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Not anymore-a 94512tr will get 220-250 pretty easily those days;)

Jonkheer likes this.
  21. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Not sure exactly what you mean, I think maybe language/grammar. But either way the differences are single mirror with single lug, two mirrors with single lug, or two mirrors with five lugs.

In the US there are equal number of single mirror cars as there are two-mirror cars with single lugs, ie just as rare. I acknowledge they arent as famous if there are two mirrors and single lugs.

That being said, aesthetically speaking a single mirror is cool, but ugly. Single lug is gorgeous. The later five lug cars are so average, normal, not special. The single lug versions are the missing link between modern day and vintage. To me they are irreplaceable. I would love a monospechio, but I am very happy with my monodado. And no, its much more special than the later cars. Those are 3:1 versus cars with single lug.

Cry me a river with the horror stories, if they are so horrific then monospechios would be just as affected.

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

And even that’s down about 100k from peak

24. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Still holding its value better than TR’s and especially 512TR’s

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Id say holding better than the testarossa. The 512TR is fine. I was speaking with someone who saw that 512M and he said it needed everything. It was well presented but a few weeks before it was cover in mold. That person offered 200k for it because he knew the car but seller cleaned it up super nice for the event.

xplodee likes this.