Schumacher, Pininfarina, and Paul Cayard Editions | FerrariChat

Schumacher, Pininfarina, and Paul Cayard Editions

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Aug 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I have recently learned about these obscure Ferrari model editions. There was, for a time, a Schumacher Edition 550 Maranello, a Pininfarina Edition 456, and a Paul Cayard Edition 355. Does anyone know the production numbers of these special edition cars? Does anyone own, or have owned, one of these special edition cars? I would love to read more, see pictures, learn details, etc. Thank you. Also, I'm posting this in GFD because otherwise I'd have to cross-post in three separate forums (355, 456, and 550).

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Sorry, but no.
    Here you go:

Details were laid out in this brochure:

http://www.albaco.com/store/product.php?productid=46421

Also found here:

http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/lit/bymake/ferrari/index-9.shtml

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    IIRC they also did a 355 GTS for Schumi and another 355 for Dennis Conner

4. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Hi there

Just had a read if you article on Ferrari 550 Schumacher and WSR cars.

I like them too.

I’ve only ever seen 2 fully loaded Michael Schumacher cars. (4 point harness etc).

One belonged to the head of the Swedish National gocart Team. He sadly died with the whole team on their way to a race.

It’s in a collection now somewhere.

But here are some photos.

The other is below (with almost the same chassis number as the Swedish car and Mr Schumacher's - strange that)

Is the following 550. Ordered new by probably Ferrari’s largest client in the Middle East then given to Artist Damien Hirst as a present.

Also what’s strange is that the full list of extras wasn’t offered to everybody.

You’d have needed very deep pockets and perhaps some high up friends.

Plus they seem to be very early cars only.

There are a stupid amount of extras.

My favourite is probably the leather clad fire extinguisher.

Here is the brochure.

This was long before the WSR cars.

I’d LOVE to know how many full loaded Schumacher 550’s they made. And to be honest why do they all seem to be made at the same time as Michaels.

Did they make a few for him exactly as he wanted - then he chose the one he liked best and the rejected ones were offered to special clients first ?

Ferrari are very tight lipped about that.

Anyway - pointless but beautiful.

I wonder if they sell at a premium like the
    WSR 33 cars. There are probably lesson them.

I asked Ferrari Sweden how many fully loaded cars were ordered and they said 6.

(6 in Sweden ? .....6 in the world - they wouldn’t say).

5. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
  6. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Hi there

Yes I have one of these cars (550 schumacher).

I know of 3 others all ‘very early’ chassis numbers (any years before the WSR cars).

1. Ferraris (silver car for car shows).
    2. One in Sweden (originally ferrari Germany’s car - red).
    3. One is Switzerland (Blue).
    4. Mine (Black - Ferrari Dubai).

So all different colours.

There are other cars with little bits and bobs ….. but only these 4 with the ‘Schumacher package’ from the Carrozzeria Book.

My car was in Ferrari magazine and multiple car shows (full page) asking for info from other owners. Sadly no replies except Ferrari saying “no RHD models” were ever made. Very cryptic.

I’ll post some photos.

Cheers Ralph

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ifeelfree0 likes this.