F8 Tributo VS | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The difference is that one engine is in a Pista and the other is in the F8. :)

ScottS, tekaefixe and Thecadster like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think there are some differences, including software, etc. I would say its a similar setup, I think with the same headline numbers, but, as with most things in life, little things can result in big differences in sensation.

The F8 is a really really beautiful car.

3. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Definitely. Even as a Pista customer, I admit to finding the F8 the best looking 488 version so far. No idea if they will make a VS, but if it is anything like the F8, it will be stunning.

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Your forgetting , countries with no GPF :)

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The VS I imagine is a F8 with loads of carbon, special seats and probably Livery

6. s313

s313 Rookie

Oct 9, 2015
    On the topic of GPF: does anyone know how Ferrari will sort out engine exhausts for GPF and non-GPF markets? Given that 2020 is the year of GPF inclusion, in EU (from what I understand).

For example, will they have GPF inclusion on the exhaust for the EU market, and, an exclusion of the component for the other markets? This is probably simplistic thinking, and there's probably a lot more involved than just include/exclude (e.g. ECU would need to be tuned accordingly).

Another model, mentioned by someone here some time back, is to simply include the GPF unit for all markets. Subsequently, Ferrari would deal with any issues which are directly attributed to the GPF (e.g. markets with high levels of sulphur in fuel supply), via warranty claims. Anyone have any insight on the probability of this model?

7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I think all cars will come with PF... Ferrari is a small car manufacturer and I don’t see them having two lines for PF/no PF.

If they had two lines F8 owners would have a Pista for much less money. Actually the difference is 30kg more of the F8.
    Can’t wait for the spider version next month!

The Pista is the track focused car, it’s a bit proper in coupe form but the F8 regular production car is made to be a spider!

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A copious number of people would beg to differ.

9. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I don't think there will be a F8 VS. There is already the Pista. Not much to do with the same chassis. F8 and 488 are basically the same cars and they did the track/lighter version with Pista. So I expect to see a VS version for the hybrid cars.

Shack, SoCal to az and F12JAJ like this.
  10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I think most likely there will be a special version of the F8. Simply because it’s an excellent money maker. When the generation is starting to get old and demand is soft, release a special version to revitalize sales

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree. Boosting a few more HP, throwing some more spoilers and marking it up sure will water down the brand and exclusivity but as I've said before they are now whores - having to meet certain numbers changes everything. Not a great thing from the most recognizable brand in the automotive world.

tekaefixe likes this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Why wouldn't any enthusiast want an F8 VS? It would be a better driver's car. What is the matter with people who want exclusivity for the sake of exclusivity?

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Because it is no longer "special", it becomes obvious that it is a money grab. The net differences in this case will be minor and the end result is a watered down car that is played out. Ot is time to move on after the F8 to a new platform.

Funny how other mnfrs are criticized but Ferrari gets a pass. Just because she is hot doesn't mean she isnt a ho.

SoCal to az and tekaefixe like this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course it is special. Are you saying that if the LaFerrari was produced in 10,000 units would be less special as a motorcar (you know, the thing you get in and drive around)? Would it be worse to drive, or less thrilling?
    This mad thinking is what has driven a 250 GTO (a piece of junk in 2019 engineering terms and a car that cost $10,000 in the '70s) to change hands at some 50 millions now. A lot of that is down to money laundering and speculation of course.

Ash Patel, of2worlds, stavura and 2 others like this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It would still be a great car but much less special. The market has proven this time after time.

SoCal to az likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The market is just a bubble. I could produce a kit car with a 1000 BHP engine (a supercharged Chevy Small block for example) and ask for it £10,000,000. A nutcase might buy it because it would be 1 of 1, but it is just a stupid kit car with a huge engine at the end of the day. The markets are the silliest thing ever. Speculation and hope...

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Did a bit of digging and asking around.

I was told that the intake and camshafts are different between the Pista and F8.

Gh21631, Caeruleus11 and s313 like this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    A perfect description of the Hennessey cars.

350MH83 likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    In what kind of business world should making a better product be seen as a money-grab? Isn’t that supposed to be how it works? I don’t care if they make money - in fact I want them to make money because then they get to keep making cars. Many have done the opposite and the demise of some has been an absolute tragedy. Money-grab away if you ask me, none of us are forced to buy. I hope we only buy when we like the product. If we buy something we don’t like because we think someone else who can’t will pay more later, we probably get what we deserve eventually.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Depends on who's name is behind it but yes dumb money will chase certain things but that's their prerogative. This example doesn't compare to my point though. Also Ferrari is another level - apple's and oranges.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You are confusing things and in fact if you know Ferrari you should be able to admit that part of the allure is its exclusivity and specialness. If they continue to milk the same platform with a tweaked version and a "limited" model then it waters down the product. That is a fact whether you care to believe or accept it. Just look at what Lamborghini with the 75 versions of the Aventador. They now have an SVJ 63 after helloing everyone the SVJ was it. That is freaking awful. Dont you think the Corvette would be more sought after if GM didn't build 100k of them? Porsche 911's are a dime a dozen, nothing special - just a great DD. No one is paying list for a 911 and they depreciate hard and fast. Ferrari will make their money which we are all fine with, the question is how. If they want customers to continue to come back as they have in the past they need to be careful about pumping out the same thing with a different spoiler. At some point people will stop biting.

No, they aren't selling toilet paper. This is a luxury item like fine watches, wine, cigars, bags, etc. The exclusivity drives demand, price and the market. Flood the market with the same tired thing and a slightly different wrapper and see how quick that ship sinks.

Build something new and innovative, something that will drive demand and the price asked. Stay ahead of the competition, offer things others can't or dont. Wow them with service. Act like you care. This is how you stay viable and relevant.

Randyslovis, nads and SoCal to az like this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I wonder why they would do this. The car has the same output. Would they use lesser parts? This doesnt seem to make sense.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    An F8 Speciale makes no sense. Isn’t that what the Pista is? That would amount to the 3rd variant of the successor to the 488. Track focussed upgrade-Pista, then the road version of the Pista -The F8. What differentiates the Speciale from the other 2? The only logic for its introduction is financial considerations as it will function as a special edition offering that will command a price premium and will fill the time gap before the hybrids are ready for sale.

SoCal to az, MuratC and Gh21631 like this.
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Actually the 3rd successor to the 458 (Speciale, Pista, F8 VS). It would make sense, the 512M was the 3rd iteration of the Testarossa after all.

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    So they will shortly launch F8 Spider ,then the wait for LB Hybrid which is the true successor to the 488.

I can well imagine them knocking out a numbered limited run of say 500 as the final goodbye.

F8 Finale?

Caeruleus11, Roland1688 and F12JAJ like this.