Bluetooth Microphone 599 | FerrariChat

Bluetooth Microphone 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by Skidkid, Aug 15, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    When using Bluetooth on my 599 I can clearly hear the other party but they have a difficult time hearing me. There is an old thread talking about the 612 Bluetooth issues and it sounds like the mic may need replaced to make it usable. I looked at Ricambi's diagrams but I don't see the mic listed.

My questions:
    Where is the mic located?
    Is it available separately? I don't care if it comes from Ferrari or another source.
    Anyone else found this to resolve this issue?

Thanks for the help guys.

2. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
  3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I was looking yesterday and wondered if that was the mic location. I assume that is a solid yes. When I get a chance I will pop it off and take a look at the mic. There is likely some other mic we can just swap into the part. I guess this may turn into a repair thread but I do have a lot of projects so things get done slowly.

4. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    I worked on mine today and removed the micro to test it.
    First, the micro is a Ferrari Part sold separatly for F430 Ref 192522 and is avalaible for 60€ + VAT

Then I tried the micro with a multimeter. R value is 13 Ohm so it is OK.

Asap I will test the wire from the radio to the micro

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Got bogged down with work stuff but will have my mic out next week for a look. The resistance doesn't tell you if the mic is performing well or not. To isolate head unit vs wiring & mike we can plug a different mic into the head unit and test that. Then connect it to the other end of the wires (assuming it works) and you will know if the wiring is the trouble spot. OR, you can do those two steps in reverse order.