For Sale - 05 Ferrari F430 Berlinetta F1- Rosso Corsa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 05 Ferrari F430 Berlinetta F1- Rosso Corsa

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Steven D Hurley, Jul 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EMILIANO MONCHIERO

Aug 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    EMILIANO MONCHIERO
    STAY AWAY! He's dishonest and stole my money.
    The car is worth $65k.
    This guy is a dishonest bum, that stole my money. He requested a deposit and I gave him $1000. I requested a PPI, because he was missing maintenance information. After the result came back I realized the car has too many issues for that many miles and for that price. So I negotiated up to $70k and he refused it.
    I asked to return the money, minus the cost of the PPI ($350) and this lousy bum refuses to return it. Apparently he lied he had many offers, so if I wasn't taking, he had people lined up. Of course there's none. So now he has a free PPI and free money for doing nothing.
    DON"T BUY IT!!!!

2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    This is a joke. I’m sorry you dealt with him. Were you the high bidder on his eBay listing or was this done off-site?

EMILIANO MONCHIERO likes this.
  3. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    #28 Steven D Hurley, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    I'll clear everything up.

Emiliano postulated himself as a "serious buyer" and acted as if he was going to purchase the car. He asked me to hold it, for almost a month in total. I agreed, pending a small deposit (non-refundable). I let him choose the amount.

The PPI came out pretty clean with a few very minor, inconsequential issues. Above average for an F430. He proceeded to make ridiculous offers and we couldn't come to a deal. It was clear, that he was just a time waster/dreamer. I deal with them all the time, and it's frustrating, as I'm sure some of you can relate.

I bent over backwards investing time, energy, effort, during business hours, to facilitate a PPI for him. I did all of this because I assumed he was a serious buyer. I cancelled my eBay auction (and lost my listing fee), I withdrew my local ads, and I passed up on another deal, and other potential buyers. We never specified that it was a refundable deposit. That was never written, implied, or even hinted at. If that was the case, I would have handled the terms and situation very differently. But that wasn't the case, and my losses (potential and realized) are in fact greater than the deposit.

I was open, honest and transparent throughout the entire process. I was even open to returning the deposit, but I believed the situation merited a conversation to have both sides heard. But instead of having an intelligent conversation amongst 2 adults, he proceeded to berate and slander me. So at this point, I don't have much interested in appeasing him.

To address the additional questions:

• Yes, I rented it out on Turo a total of 3 times for driving and 2 times for photo shoots. I don't see why that is a big deal or relevant whatsoever.
    • Yes, I had the bumpers repainted 2 weeks ago because there was a lot of little chips from highway driving. I went to SD and back a few times. I have the receipt.
    • I purchased the car 1 year ago from Hanin Motor Group in San Jose. It was the owner's personal car for about a year, before I bought it.
    • The only damage history that was disclosed to me was a bumper being replaced. I didn't get any other details, nor did I really care. All I cared about, and all that really mattered to me is what kind of the condition the car was in at that time. It was in great condition, and whatever previous damage it had, was fixed.
    • I'm not sure if that car in the pics was the same car. I have no idea. Logically and looking at the pics, I would guess that it is. But it was from 6 years ago, and I don't have any history prior to the previous owner. I just have the VIN reports which I've provided to anyone who's asked.

So if anyone is actually a serious buyer, and has legitimate inquiries beyond curiosity, feel free to message me.

4. EMILIANO MONCHIERO

Aug 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    EMILIANO MONCHIERO
    Since Steven seem to live in an alternate universe, I think this deserves a thorough explanation of what he's claiming.
    I am a serious buyer. How am I not a serious buyer when I purchased an airplane ticket, requested vacation time and gave a deposit?
    There was never mention that the deposit was non-refundable. So by saying he did not say was non-refundable, he just makes a claim the money is his. The PPI did not come back clean at all. I attached the mechanic's notes. Things that are not mentioned is the cam variators. They have not been replaced and that's about $10k right there. And the fuel level sensor wasn't tested because the car had a full tank; so that's another possible issue too.
    The PPI's location was his choice. I never requested to go to a specific shop. Also I just asked him to please get it done; never rushed the issue. And I asked if it was okay to fly in on the 21st because that was the only opening I had in my work calendar. He said it was okay with him.
    He came down in price to $75k and claimed there was many offers on the table. So, of course I suggested he took the full price from those offers. And of course that was a lie too, because the car is still unsold.
    After asking nicely for 3 times to return my money he still refused to do so, that's why now we're providing some entertainment to the Ferrari Chat members. It's $650 Steve.....you really need it for your McLaren.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. EMILIANO MONCHIERO

Aug 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    EMILIANO MONCHIERO
    No, we connected through Ferrari Chat. I never placed a bid on eBay

6. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    There are no issues with the variartors or fuel sensors. So to demand $10k off based on unnecessary repairs is ludicrous. I've already told everyone about the valve cover gasket leak, and I've fixed a few of the small things off that list. I offered to take the vehicle to any shop, and we mutually agreed on Roselli.

I never stated that I had other full price offers, so again, you are lying. I said I had other interested parties and another potential deal on the table (locally). Which I did, but because of your antics, I lost an actual, serious buyer. I've had a lot of interest so far, but it's been difficult weeding out the uneducated dreamers that think they can buy an F430 with their $60k loan, like you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    We need judge Judy up in here :D

technom3 and Steven D Hurley like this.
  8. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    #33 Yassa, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    I think its customary to make sure the deposit is refundable, I know I always ask, maybe its just me though. Still sucks to lose 650$, maybe you guys can meet half way at 325$ and call it a day since it genuinely seems like a misunderstanding over the nonrefundable nature of the deposit. Neither person needs to have their credibility tarnished on here for such a small amount of money. Personally, I would return the money to the buyer but again that's just me. I like to keep people happy in their transactions with me, buyers or tire kickers. Sometimes you just lose a little and learn a lot about people. C'est la vie les amis.

9. EMILIANO MONCHIERO

Aug 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    EMILIANO MONCHIERO
    A car with almost 55k miles and 14 years old will need the car variators done.
    Nice burn on the $60k loan.
    You look more and more like you need to steal $650....that McLaren is almost attainable now.....

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My gut usually goes with the person who is speaking politely and civil as opposed to rantings. Dont know what the truth is...but thats my gut.

flat_plane_eddie and Themaven like this.
  11. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Im not sure what your intention is with this thread. You may be telling the truth but you come across as a nutcase and that doesnt help anyone believe you.

If your intention is simply to let off steam, fair enough. Keep ranting.

But if your intention is to warn others about an unscrupulous seller, then you arent accomplishing your goal. Not at all.

12. J30022

J30022 Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeff P
    Haven’t seen too many $65k F430s but would expect one at $75k with 50k miles to need at least a few things showing up on a PPI.

13. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Give the dude his deposit back and move on, your reputation and your ability to sell the car will go up

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Just goes to show there is no 'cheap Ferrari'

15. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Agreed.

16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Shall I start posting the cat photos?

Robb

forza4me and Steven D Hurley like this.
  17. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I heard there were cats...

Steven D Hurley likes this.
  18. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
  19. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I would never consider giving someone their PPI money back. If you want to have the car inspected that's on your dime. If you don't like the results that's just too bad. It's a used car after all and it's part of the process.

20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    He didn't ask for the PPI money back...he asked for the deposit, minus the PPI cost.

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The ppi money goes to the shop that does the report... if a private seller wants to encourage a sale, it will take his own time off the clock “sweat equity” to actually drive it to the shop for this. A deposit in addition to the cost of the ppi shows that a buyer is serious and needs some time to check out the car (and pay for the ppi). You accepted the deposit so you take second names until this one sells or passes. The deposit should not be held hostage if the buyer finds items not stated in the ad and can’t work out a win / win with the seller. If you didn’t put in writing that the deposit is non-refundable, shame on you for holding it hostage.

If you work with a dealer, they’ll normally charge a flat bed which can be several hundred dollars.

Main issue is that the seller does not appear to put ALL the cards on the table in the ad from the get go with many things discovered along the way AND the buyer comes off as unreasonable and as a tire kicker looking for a steal. That’s why people don’t enjoy selling a Ferrari private party and pay to consign a car for a dealer to handle the rif raf.

You BOTH lose on this and neither of you inspire confidence in how either of you are working it out.

This is a dumpster fire on both ends.

You both should go away until you are ready to play by normal rules of engagement...

Robb

I'm 360 Canuck, WATSON, Yassa and 2 others like this.
  22. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    You're correct, I misunderstood his initial post!

23. Purch23

Purch23 Karting

Jul 2, 2019
    CT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Deposits are generally refundable. You can't keep someone's money unless you tell them up front "I'm keeping your money, non-refundable". As for your time and energy spent trying to make a sale, well that's life. Pay a broker if you don't want to be bothered with marketing.

Give him half the money back and chalk it all up to misunderstanding.

EMILIANO MONCHIERO and Yassa like this.
  24. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I would never put myself in this type of position as a seller. I also would have never kept a measly $650 deposit. Absolutely not worth it. Case in point - this thread. OP seems like a younger guy. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson.

Purch23 likes this.
  25. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    The internet can be brutal.