Reinstalling Fuel Injectors on a 550 | FerrariChat

Reinstalling Fuel Injectors on a 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by dennis_maine, Aug 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dennis_maine

dennis_maine Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    ME
    Full Name:
    Dennis Haines
    Does anyone know the best procedure for reinstalling the fuel injectors? There's not enough wire length to plug the injectors in, then push them in the fuel rail and install the clip, then push the assembled rail and injectors into the intake manifold. Do you install the injectors first, then plug in the wire? Is that possible?

2. ColGraves

ColGraves Karting

Aug 1, 2017
    Cos Cob, CT
    Full Name:
    C.T. Graves
    I had to install the injectors first, carefully lowering (and aligning) onto the block, then using fingers and a plastic spludger connect the wires. It is tough, and I have bitty fingers. But I could have missed a better process...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s a pain. I put the injectors on the rail, then lower down as an assembly attaching connectors as I go. Would be nice if the cables were just a bit longer.

4. dennis_maine

dennis_maine Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    ME
    Full Name:
    Dennis Haines
    OK, thanks. I was thinking (after I put up the post, of course) that putting the injectors on the rail, then the clips, then lower them, putting on the connectors from back to front, would be the best approach. Why they didn't make the wires longer is anyone's guess.....

5. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Dennis, just be carful with the springs, they fly and easy to lose and hard to find.

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Use a silicone lube on the injector o-rings. Push the injectors into the manifold evenly, then the connectors. It goes easy once you have a method figured out.