F12 annual service cost | FerrariChat

F12 annual service cost

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by x z8, Jul 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    When the F12 comes off the free annual service... What does the annual service run and does it change each year?

2. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    No one knows?

3. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Sorry, mine just got off the free annual service. Can't advice

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    They should all still be on free service so if the cost after 2020 is such a concern could you not have tried calling a dealer in the 25 hours between your first & second post ?

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm sure it changes every year. Depending on the mileage you have driven, filters and transmission fluid and brake fluid might need to be changed.

x z8 likes this.
  6. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    OK- So no one knows what they are in for... LOL. My dealer gave me what I thought were very high numbers- which varied year to year.

I was thinking of getting an F12 as a 2nd Ferrari. Cost of ownership matters as I will only occasionally drive. Porsche service is much more friendly on the pocket. And we all know this. What we don’t know- is what are we facing in regular maintenance on an F12 after the free maintenance expires.

7. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I will bite, what did your dealer say the estimated cost is?

8. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    I'm looking at F12's, and my friendly neighborhood Ferrari dealer in Silicon Valley, California thinks the annual will be about $1500 (at the dealer), based on 599 service. Indy's will probably be less. The service manager said everything on the F12 is more durable / reliable than on the 599, brakes are about the same. There are the known issues with paint around the rear vents and water in the hatchback. Tires are $1500 a set at Tire Rack. CCM brakes are all over the place depending on how you want to do them.

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    exactly - outside of oil and tires what is there to do? everything else is an unknown.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Its been an extremely reliable car but I'm sure its expensive to keep fully maintained relative to other brands. There are two auxiliary belts that need routine replacement and then annual brake fluid followed by all the fluids and filters on a cyclic basis. Maybe the shocks will leak like the 599 series but as @ttforcefed said that's speculation. Then there is the software and batteries. Add 4-wheel balance and alignments and replacement of PPF and cyclic paint detailing.

Eventually the AC compressor will fail and maybe wheel bearings and other suspension wear points. At some point the thermostat hardware will give up and the fluid pumps can't last forever. The wild card are all the controllers, sensors and relays that switch in/out throughout the drive. Basically same with any car but on a Ferrari its 4x-10x the cost. If you want to keep it under warranty then add another $6K/year on top of it till it hits 15 years old. The F12 is my forever car so the cost is basically irrelevant. So much history, beauty and power in one package. Worth every dime.

x z8, forstephan, 3POINT8 and 2 others like this.
  11. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    FWIW, I was at the dealer yesterday and they quoted me $2500 for the annual maintenance on my FF (the covered maintenance period just ended). This was basically an oil change, fluids, and a "pollen filter."

12. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    What I find interesting is that I have owned a 2012 Maserati GranTurismo since it was new. It has 25,000 miles on it. The engine is made by Ferrari.

This car requires regular maintenance every 2 years. I have done that schedule since it was new. It costs approx. $1500 each time.

I also own a 2013 F12 and just completed my last complementary maintenance. I am perplexed as to why the Maserati recommends every two years and the Ferrari every year. Any ideas?

13. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    About 2-3k+ per year for regular maintenance- assuming nothing goes wrong. Nothing.

I thought that was high.

ryalex likes this.
  14. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    If there is a good local indy, better use it to save a bunch.

In exactly the same boat as you. That's also what the nearest Ferrari dealer had told me, for next year's annual maintenance. With the mileage I put on it every year, the quote also include brake fluid and PTU oil change. Does your quote include those two as well?

15. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    I didn't ask about the PTU, but assumed that it included the brake fluids. I think I'm going to take it to an independent.

16. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Jut getting my first service outside of the complimentary 7-year period. Dealer quoted $2,100.

ryalex and F12HeartThrob like this.
  17. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    I would say like $2,500 to $5,000 a year depending on how much you drive it, and having the extended warranty. I think that's about what I've been spending.

ryalex likes this.
  18. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    It just depends on what you want. If you just want oil change, it'll be a few hundred. If you want every factory recommendations done by mileage, it can cost a couple thousands just for various fluid change.

19. forstephan

forstephan Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Just paid $3400 for my first annual

ryalex likes this.
  20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Don't forget to budget $650/year in cupholder clips if you drive it a lot. I'm 2 for 2 now. :mad:

21. F12HeartThrob

F12HeartThrob Rookie

Oct 22, 2021
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby L
    Do you know what that included?
    I've been told by my service advisor it's 2,500 for the 1st annual after the 7yr genuine maintenance expires.

22. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    Minor service in the UK from a main dealer is about £1,100, major is about £1,600

23. forstephan

forstephan Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Los Angeles
    that was for the full service after the 7 years

24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  25. F12lover

F12lover Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2016
    I was told to budget USD$3,500 for service. Seems high but dealer also charges $1K for a straight oil change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk