The Car Club | FerrariChat

The Car Club

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by rquad, Aug 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I'm a new 360 owner, so I'm just getting my feet wet in the Ferrari/exotic club. I thought I'd share a cool experience I had just two days after buying the car:

Where I live I know there are a few other exotic owners, but I *never* see them on the road. In 17 years, I've seen another Ferrari near my home once then never again. In my work commute, I might see anywhere from 1 - 4 exotics per YEAR. My point is, they're a rare sight, so...

Two days after buying the 360 I was out taking a friend for a ride. We were on a divided 4-lane near my house and I noticed a white Lamborghini in my rear view mirror, sneaking up in the adjacent lane. I tapped the horn twice in acknowledgment as he nosed up beside me. He gave me a thumbs-up, stared at my car for a few seconds, then nailed it for all it was worth and sped off down the road.

It was dusk, so I couldn't tell which model Lambo it was, but it looked like a fairly new one. I got to thinking about that. A guy in a car possibly worth $100k or so more than mine gave me his approval. He acknowledged me as being "in the club." That was a good feeling after being an onlooker for so many years.

I've had similar experiences when driving my Nova. That's one of my favorite parts of owning classic/exotic cars - the camaraderie, instantly being "friends" with someone you've never met before.

2. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Very cool! The cars are only a part of the car hobby. The people are what makes the hobby so great. There are certainly the fair share of a**holes out there ready to put your car down and attempt to prove that they are better than you, but the good ones always outweigh the few jerks.

I have a rather eclectic collection, and I participate in local cruise ins, cars and coffees, local events, national events, Hot Rod Power Tour, etc. I almost always feel welcome, and know folks are ready to lend a helping hand if I need one. And there is ALWAYS someone ready to drink a beer and swap stories!

Welcome to the club, my friend.

MalcQV likes this.
  3. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Hot Rod Power Tour. I'm going to look into that after I get A/C in my Nova and a few other minor details ironed out. What car do/did you drive for that?

4. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I have been on the tour 6 times. The last couple were in my 06 Vette. I am spoiled with the comfort and AC!