Florence Italy Restaurant Suggestions? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Florence Italy Restaurant Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by NbyNW, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    NbyNW likes this.
  2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    NbyNW likes this.
  3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #81 arizonaitalian, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Wow, well done. Sounds like the perfect Italian trip. Super Jealous. Glad you got to both Da Enzo and La Bussola (not to mention Montana). Those are 3 of my favorite restaurants in Italy.

Which pasta's did you get a Da Enzo? I see a Seafood one, but did you get Cacio e Pepe, or Carbonara or one of the other rigatoni dishes? (their rigatoni is the most perfect example of a thick, chewy al dente pasta I can imagine and their guanciale is to die for...if you didn't get one of those...next time!)

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Montana and La Bussola we’re both incredible. Da Enzo was equally good, but it was too busy. My wife got the seafood dish and I got the lasagna. The waiter thought two pasta dishes would be too much. So no other pasta dish - next time! The artichoke was really good too.

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I also used Apple Pay about everywhere. So easy. All but one restaurant (a small cafe) accepted it. And most taxis and all stores. It was nice not handing over a credit card. Hotels needed the card. Cash for small purchases - gelatos, etc.

And cash, either bills or coins for tolls on the autostrada was easy - I love how it says arrivederci after the toll was paid. Simple confirmation. Excellent roads too.

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Holy f$&@!#g carp!! I just finished a big plate of ravioli and I'm salivating! This looks like an epic trip. Thank you for sharing.
    T

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes, we ate well and did things right. Or as close as we could. The food was fantastic as was everyone we interacted with. Fantastic people! Even with multiple course meals with wine and desserts we never felt stuffed... proportions were perfect.

The wedding in the countryside near Torino was really nice. The rain stopped just as things got started and it was a beautiful evening and night!

A very humbling trip. Out of our comfort zone with language and culture and everything worked out great! Time for some Italian classes and a return visit.

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed