I showed painting of C8 coupe to Ford's retired head of advance design | FerrariChat

I showed painting of C8 coupe to Ford's retired head of advance design

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Aug 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I was out in Malibu today and I recognized him from the (now discontinued) Car & Coffees at Irvine which was a show done more or less for him. He looked at the side view for a moment and started picking apart the design around the doors and roof, then just summed it up and said "It's a mass produced design." So i am assuming what he would have liked to see wasn't in the car or couldn't be done at Chevy's base price. Maybe I'll see him at Pebble and hear more. I urge you , if you are going to a show, you may see a designer , so be ready, carry around pictures of some new (or even classic) design and solict their learned opinion. I really enjoyed that moment at the castle concours in Riverside, CA when i got Camilo Pardo (lead designer on '05-06 Ford GT )to walk around a '51 Ford coupe custom and point out to me its brillance (it really was well done) I think that car would cost $250,000 to duplicate.

DIGMAN52 and of2worlds like this.
  2. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Camilo is a really good guy. Met him at the GT Rally 11 in Austin. My car partner got to give his girlfriend a ride in our '05 GT for the parade laps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I love encountering drivers, industry professionals, celebrities, etc. just being car guys. Cool story.